Endless Ages excerpt 2: The Becoming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Ages excerpt 2: The Becoming

This Halloween we’re celebrating Vampire: The Masquerade’s 25th anniversary with the Endless Ages fiction anthology, with stories covering every era from Vampire’s 1st Edition through to the 20th Anniversary Edition.

We continue*our journey with a preview of “The Becoming” from author Nicole Givens Kurtz:

Grunge. Glitz. Gaming. All three came alive during the 90s, and as a new adult during that exciting time, became immersed in them. Nirvana articulated my alienation, Pearl Jam my pain, Alanis Morrissette expressed my rage, and vampires spoke my language, of blood and forbidden love, longing, and legacy. From these memories, Nanyanika’s story spilled out onto the page. Touched with nostalgia but rooted in those same emotions of alienation, pain, rage, and longing, “The Becoming,” attempts to capture all of what the 90s meant to me, and to others of that era.

The ears appeared the morning after, a physical manifestation of an eve*ning of black outs, lost memories, and mental fuzziness. Sturdy, but soft, they almost cleared Nanyanika’s mass of thick, black curls.

She touched her earrings, stroked the lobes, her fingers inching up the ear. As she ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X