Endless Ages excerpt 4: Heart of Flesh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Ages excerpt 4: Heart of Flesh

This Halloween we’re celebrating Vampire: The Masquerade’s 25th anniversary with the Endless Ages fiction anthology, with stories covering every era from Vampire’s 1st Edition through to the 20th Anniversary Edition.

We continue*our journey with a preview of “Heart of Flesh” from author Nerine Dorman:

The Mother City, as Cape Town’s known to her locals, is simply steeped in a history that dates back to the very earliest of her inhabitants, a people the Dutch colonists named as “strandlopers” or “beachcombers”. Yet it’s this city’s colonial past that so deeply fascinates me, how a city defined by its iconic flat-topped mountain shelters a veritable melting pot of cultures, where East meets West, and gets stirred in with Africa’s vibrant, often blood-drenched past.

This sort of conflict is grist for any author’s mill, and from my younger years when my friends and I used to hang out in student digs role-playing an assortment of the then popular White Wolf games, it was almost always to Cape Town that we returned for our games. There was so much going on.

“Heart of Flesh” is inspired by South ...

More...

Onyx Path
    This is an automated forum administration account. If you need to contact an administrator, use the Contact Us link rather than PMing this account.
Working...
X