Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User Profile

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Source
Clear All
new posts

  • Not my bag and I avoid cons like the plague due to shady and exploitative business models, but I don't see what it could hurt.
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • You can cast it on multiple weapons. What that passage means is you can't add charges to the same weapon by casting it again.
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • No...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2246g7AzbMc...
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • If the character were blue, it'd work for a Daughter of Cacophony......
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • Theodrim
    replied to 1001 V:tM plothooks
    193: More of a Gehenna-ish story, but could be interesting nonetheless.

    Yellowstone's been getting...grouchy. Migratory patterns have rapidly shifted, the caldera floor has been shifting upward with several earthquakes along its rim, fissures have started to appear, ground and water temperatures have been increasing, water acidity and oxygen content have shifted causing fish die-offs, geyser eruption patterns have been massively disrupted, all outside predictable norms. It could be nothing, but it could be a sign the damn thing's on the verge of blowing once and for all.
    ...
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • Theodrim
    replied to Vampires subduing Wraiths
    I've heard pottery and "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers works wonders.

    I'll see myself out, thanks.
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • No, because risk-reward analysis must always matter. Assuming higher risk should yield higher rewards, and no other means of combat in the entire game assumes higher risk than melee; it's only fair melee yields the highest reward. Meanwhile, blood sorcerers can act in situations in which their targets may not even be aware of their attacker, or in a position to counter-act or even defend themselves, which means their actions are among the lowest-risk in the game....
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • Oh, edition and fatsplat changes making rules hard to remember, how I love thee...



    These people don't know how to blood mage, and their opinions are to be laughed at and discarded if they think "DPS" is the sole metric for a powerful combat character in WoD games.

    When I played through TC as a player, I played a Tremere. By the end of the first book, if NPC's somehow broke through his Auspex and Obfuscate armor to attack him physically in the first place, he was immune to it anyways. By the end of the second book, the combat monster PC's were his...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Theodrim; 05-08-2019, 07:02 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Being struck by lightning in the real world has a 10% mortality rate, assuming first-world medical care and reporting rates.

    Ten dice of lethal works out to five levels on average. Most NPC's have four health levels, opposed to plot-important NPC's and PC's seven, and an average of two stamina. It's important to note most NPC's are also mortals, which means they soak lethal at difficulty 8; at two stamina, they have a 32% chance of soaking at least one level and a 4% chance of soaking both. But, most importantly, they have a 64% chance of soaking zero lethal for that all-important...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Theodrim; 05-08-2019, 11:30 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Accidental double post, please disregard.
    See more | Go to post

    Leave a comment:


  • I threw that quick scene in there for a couple reasons, there's no deeper meaning or story behind it. One, is that NPC's have lives too and the world doesn't necessarily revolve around the PC's, and two, for a bit of world-building and push the sense the PC's got to Mediasch after the "real" shit went down.

    Remember, at this point Nova has long since been disgraced, her support from the Eastern Lords has mostly waned, and even were the Arpad Ventrue in a healthy strategic position she's a rival to Vencel Rikard. Her station and clan identity is the only reason for other...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Theodrim; 05-08-2019, 10:25 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TC, part 14: Will the real Christof please stand up?

    Last part is here. Last night's game session was mostly dialogue and combat, so hopefully this will be short.

    Long story short, to date. Plague's on, Tremere and Ventrue are capitalizing like gangbusters on the dual threats of Inquisition and plague to swindle younger and weaker vampires into essentially selling themselves into prestation slavery in exchange for protection and plague curing. Two new challengers appear: Christof, who knows Thaumaturgy and can cure the plague as well, and a really powerful and nasty Inquisitor, who for some reason has a major hard-on for finding Christof....
    See more | Go to post

  • Honestly, I have quite the bleak opinion of the stories that involve Dracula, and his sword is one of those "we need a macguffin that does exactly what we need it to do, when we need it done, so we can justify writing Dracula into this chronicle" writers' conceits that form the basis of so much wrong with TC as-written. It just happened to be the case circumstances worked out in just the right way for me to write Dracula into the chronicle as I intend it. A lot I didn't plan to happen did, and a couple things I did plan to happen didn't, which called for revisions.

    One red...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Theodrim; 05-03-2019, 11:11 PM.

    Leave a comment:

No activity results to display
Show More

Profile Sidebar

Collapse
Theodrim
Theodrim
Member
Last Activity: Yesterday, 11:46 PM
Joined: 11-02-2013
Location:
Working...
X