Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
110 results in 0.8906 seconds.

You can also choose from the popular tags.

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Infinite Macabre - To Darkly Go

Infinite Macabre - To Darkly Go

I've been in a space opera mood lately (blame the Picard trailer) and I've been thinking about combining it with horror (blame Outer Darkness). Which leads me back around to Infinite Macabre, one of the sci-fi shards we did for 1e.

There are really striking images in IM, including the Gates marked with pre-Atlantean runes, the Watchtowers waiting undiscovered on distant worlds, and vampire corsairs devouring their way through deep space. Chuck really gave space a haunted and sometimes grisly feel, and capturing that at a table would be awesome.

I think if I were going...
    See more | Go to post

• What do you wish you knew about making Disciplines?

When we were working on 2e, I developed pretty strong ideas about how to design Disciplines. I'd intended to publish a guide to creating them, like we had for Changeling, but I never had the chance to write it.

Well, now I'm doin' Vampire again, and I'm writing a guide to Discipline design. I'm going to cover basic principles, as well as the development history of a few that stood out to me. I might also include some of the playtest versions and the ones I use in my games.

But I'll bet y'all have questions I haven't thought of. What can I answer?
    See more | Go to post

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Humanity, Atrocity, and Willpower

Humanity, Atrocity, and Willpower

I'm revising the Vampire rules, and I'm thinking a lot about roads we didn't take in 2e. One of those is merging Humanity and Willpower.

Here's what I said to Eddy at the time:

(Mask and Dirge were intended to be in there in their Danse Macabre form at this point.)

The next question was how to do, well, Beast stuff. Eddy and I floated the idea of Beast traits and Beast archetypes, and/or ties to clan and covenant. Today, I think I'd go with Ben Baugh's Atrocity rules. Separating the Humanity and Atrocity pieces, while it'd take some finesse,...
    See more | Go to post

• I wrote and developed Vampire for 12 years. This is how to do it.

BITE ME: How to Write Vampire

Hey, folx. I know it's been a while. A weird while.

But after talking with Eddy and Matt, I decided to do a launch product for Storyteller's Vault. A lot of people (hopefully you!) are going to want to develop your own books for it, and so I'm turning over my holy of holies. My personal guide to writing for the game.

I want to share what works, how it works, and when to use it. What every element of the core setting is and means.

That's what BITE ME is. It's a tight, clear book that passes on whatever it is I've...
    See more | Go to post

• A Guide for Young Ladies Entering the Service of the Fae

https://hanginggardenstories.tumblr....the-service-of

(Thanks to CtL2 writer Jacqueline for the link!)...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 12-05-2017, 06:08 PM.

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Prince's Gambit errata

Prince's Gambit errata

The print and play version of Prince's Gambit will be going out to backers soon. Please use this thread to report any typos or visual glitches. Please take any discussion of rules to other threads. Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic V20 Dark Ages Jumpstart errata

V20 Dark Ages Jumpstart errata

If you find any typos or visual glitches in the V20 Dark Ages Jumpstart, which will be going out to V20 DA backers soon, please report them here. Please keep discussion of content (including rules and setting) to other threads.
    See more | Go to post

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Changeling at Gen Con 50!

Changeling at Gen Con 50!

Hello, all. Here's what we're doing for Changeling: The Lost at Gen Con.

Panel

Meghan and I will be talking and answering questions about Changeling at the "What's Up With White Wolf RPGs?" panel, held at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Pennsylvania Station C, at 11 AM on Friday.

Booth

I'll be in the booth to talk shop and answer questions throughout the con. I'm also planning to have the complete text of the 2e core book with me for you to peruse.
    See more | Go to post

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Trinity at Gen Con 50!

Trinity at Gen Con 50!

Hey, everyone. Here's what we're doing for Trinity at Gen Con 50.

Panel

On Saturday, at 11 AM, at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Pennsylvania Station B, we'll be hosting a panel for Trinity and Scion. We'll be talking about future plans, as well as answering your questions.

Booth

Developer Ian, art director Mike, and other members of the team will be at our booth throughout the show to chat about Trinity. We'll also have a special Storypath system preview featuring Trinity, along the lines of the one for Scion from last year.
    See more | Go to post

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Scion at Gen Con 50!

Scion at Gen Con 50!

Hullo, folks. Here's what we'll be up to with Scion at Gen Con.

Panel

On Saturday, at 11 AM, at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Pennsylvania Station B, we'll be hosting a panel for Scion and Trinity.

Booth

Developer Neall, art director Mike, and other members of the Scion team will be at the Onyx Path booth (#501) to answer questions and talk gaming.

Our booth crew will be running Scion demos throughout the show. Stop by and play!

We'll also have some exciting previews from the manuscripts for Origin and Hero for you to flip...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 08-15-2017, 05:29 PM.

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Scarred Lands at Gen Con 50!

Scarred Lands at Gen Con 50!

Hi, everyone. Here's what we're doing for Scarred Lands at Gen Con 50.

Panel

On Friday, at 1 PM, at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Victoria Station A, we'll be hosting a panel for Scarred Lands, Cavaliers of Mars, and Pugmire.

Booth

We'll be at our booth (#501) throughout the con to answer your questions.
    See more | Go to post

• Pugmire and Cavaliers of Mars at Gen Con 50!

Hi! Here's what we're up to for Pugmire and Cavaliers of Mars at Gen Con 50.

Panel

On Friday, at 1 PM, at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Victoria Station A, we'll be hosting a panel for Cavaliers of Mars, Pugmire, Monarchies of Mau, and the Scarred Lands. Eddy and I will be on hand to talk about upcoming games and answer questions.

Booth

At the booth (#501), we'll be running demos of Cavaliers and Pugmire. Stop by on Sunday to play a demo with me!

We'll also be selling physical copies of Pugmire to the general public for the first time,...
    See more | Go to post

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic The World of Darkness at Gen Con 50!

The World of Darkness at Gen Con 50!

Hi, everyone. Here's what we're up to with the classic World of Darkness at Gen Con 50.

Panel: What's Up With White Wolf RPGs?

At 11 AM on Friday, at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Pennsylvania Station C, we'll be talking and answering questions about upcoming World of Darkness books, plus other WW games.

Booth

We'll be available at the booth throughout the show to talk shop and answer questions. We're also planning on having a preview of Beckett's Jyhad Diary on hand!
    See more | Go to post

• The Chronicles of Darkness at Gen Con 50!

Hi, folks. Here's what we'll be doing for the Chronicles of Darkness at Gen Con.

Panel: What's Up With White Wolf RPGs?

At 11 AM on Friday, at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Pennsylvania Station C, we'll be talking and answering questions about upcoming Chronicles of Darkness books, as well as the other White Wolf games.

Booth

We'll be running short Chronicles of Darkness demos at our booth (#501) throughout the show. I'll also have the manuscript for Changeling 2e with me for you to peruse, and of course we're always happy to talk shop and answer...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 08-15-2017, 05:30 PM.

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Exalted at Gen Con 50!

Exalted at Gen Con 50!

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to drop in and let you know about a few Exalted-related things we'll be doing at Gen Con.

Panel

At 11 AM Friday, at the Crowne Plaza hotel, in Pennsylvania Station C, we'll be talking and answering questions about Exalted and other White Wolf games. Come join us!

Booth

At the Onyx Path booth (#
    501), we're planning to have never-before-seen text previews from the Weapons and Warstrider chapters of Arms of the Chosen. In addition, I'd be happy to discuss future plans for the line.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 08-15-2017, 05:28 PM.
Working...
X