Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Mark 5
    Conditions: Tenacious, Alienated
    Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
    Health: OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 6/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5


    Brown eyes narrowed as the offering hand was ignored. His help being rejected by humans was something he was used to. It still hurt, but it's bearable. But having another created's back and being treated the same? That was bitter. He just nodded when Earth noticed the other Azothic Radiance. Something to take out these feelings on would be nice. He still wasn't sure whether he'd help Earth or her former victims. Maybe neither?
    With these thoughts clouding his mind, he silently came along. When Adonis came into view, his expression changed from sour to confusion.

    "You know this one?"

    "Kind of. It's the pretty boy. Didn't know he's from Arizona." He looked at Adonis, pointing at the mural. "I know this certainly wasn't smart."
    Last edited by Wormwood; 11-07-2016, 08:30 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Earth, Mark 5, and Adonis

      Tensions are rising in Old Market Square. The Muse seems to be on the receiving end of hostility from both Tammuz, but how long before the two Named turn against each other? The fog swirls dangerously, static electricity crackling in the air in that holds the tension of an impending thunderclap. It wouldn't take a lot of Divine Fire for this to turn ugly. All it needs is for Earth to be willing to vent her wrath in a manner befitting the king of Olympus. Adonis is unsteady in the face of Earth. Her Radiance is... cleaner than it has been, but still crackling with her Torment and hate, and the acrid taste of Flux still boils just beneath the surface, and as one of the Created, he can see her right hand for what it is, a gnarled talon grotesquely bound with cords of muscle; the last of Earth-Dies-Screaming's hundred hands.

      OOC: Everyone can roll Wits + Empathy to judge if anyone is lying... and what else they may be feeling. Earth and Mark 5 make this roll at a -2 penalty because of the Alienated Condition.
      Last edited by Arcanist; 11-07-2016, 11:10 AM.


      My Homebrew Hub

      Comment


      • #18
        Mark 5
        Conditions: Tenacious, Alienated
        Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
        Health: OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 6/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5

        Oh oh.... 0 sux =D (3-1-2)

        Comment


        • #19
          Earth
          Conditions: Enraged, Alienated
          Alembics: Arc (0), Imperatus (0), Weaponize (0), Redirect (0)
          Health:
          OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/5 | Pyros: 6/12 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5

          Resolving Alienated to auto-fail the Wits+Empathy roll and take a Beat.

          So they do know each other. Figures it was all a trick. When you're a Fury, it doesn't take much of a spark to assume the worst in people. She shrugs her backpack off and hurls it a ways down the alley to keep her books and tools safe. "This whole city's full of liars and tricksters. Winnipeg weaklings. Here's what I think of your art."

          Spending 2 Pyros to charge Arc, flaring Disfigurements. Then activating Spark with the Shock effect to hit everything within 3 yards, especially including the graffiti on the wall. Dexterity+Athletics+Azoth+3 willpower, 10 dice: failure. Maybe that's for the best.

          Lightning arcs and sizzles around her body, the charge builds, and...nothing happens. The charge shorts out in a puff of acrid smoke. Earth brutally self-owns.
          Last edited by Caladriu; 11-07-2016, 12:27 PM.


          2E Legacy Updates
          Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
          Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
          Storm Keepers

          Comment


          • #20
            Mark 5
            Conditions: Tenacious, Alienated
            Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
            Health: OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 6/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5


            "So that's your true face, huh?" he spit at Earth when the lightning sizzled, his voice thick with boiling anger.

            You can try to play Mark 5. You can attack him, shoot at him, stab him in the leg, and he won't take offense to it.
            But calling him a weakling is a horrible mistake. Even more so if all you are is a horribly evil monster. Sure, Earth said she tried to "atone for her sins", but those are just words. Words are nothing.
            Actions speak loudest, and her attempt to attack him speaks a VERY clear message. He was going to reply in kind.
            And after Earth was down, he'd have a talk with the pretty kid. A non-verbal, punchy talk.
            Brawl+Strength 3 Sux

            Comment


            • #21
              Earth, Mark 5, and Adonis

              Lightning flares about Earth before vanishing in an acrid cloud; sound and fury signifying nothing except that she's willing to fight for her right to exist in peace. Her initial lash may have been ineffectual, but it was a warning shot- the lightning is there to answer her if only she stretches out her hand. The yelling and the arguments, even the physical blows, aren't any worse than what the local shopkeepers are used to hearing and seeing from the vagrants who occasionally use Market Square as a place to smoke up and howl obscenities at their unfair existence, it's even downright civil as far as they can tell. No 'bitch' this, no 'fuck you' that... the thunderclap that caused a brown-out around the block is new.

              Some store owners are coming to the windows or half-stepping out their doors, trying to see if the peculiar fog has transformed into a thunderstorm. People tend to mind their own business in downtown Winnipeg, but if things escalate any further turning a blind eye won't make them feel any safer- the police from their headquarters two blocks away will.

              OOC: If you're going to escalate this into a Brawl you should roll Initiative. Earth takes 3 Bashing Damage, which, thanks to the Imperatus Alembic, will have healed up in about 22 minutes.
              Last edited by Arcanist; 11-07-2016, 01:31 PM.


              My Homebrew Hub

              Comment


              • #22
                Adonis
                Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement)
                Alembics: Eros (0), Assimilate (0), Stalker, Eris (0)
                Health: OOOOOOO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 5/10
                Beats: 0/5 I Vitriol Beats: 0/5


                "Kind of. It's the pretty boy. Didn't know he's from Arizona."

                Adonis gets even more confused- and that's a rare thing. "Um... I came here from Ontario.'

                "I know this certainly wasn't smart."

                Adonis looks from one Named to the other, his eyes growing wider with fear. What the hell is going on here? Do they just want to bash on the cute guy, or did he miss something in what looked like normal graffiti?

                Adonis attempts to determine if Earth and Mark 5 are being honest, and if Earth's anger is faked to justify her antagonism or if she really thinks he did it. I would argue that his Specialty in Emotions should count here. Wits 2 + Empathy 3 + Specialty 1 = 6 dice -> 2 successes.


                He becomes more frantic as he sees Earth throw her backpack aside. "This whole city's full of liars and tricksters. Winnipeg weaklings. Here's what I think of your art."

                "Look. Earth. I get that you're upset, but this wasn't me. And I'm not even sure what this-"

                He visibly flinches as she charges her Alembic, but blinks when it fails- and causes a brown-out around the block. He winces. If he's learned anything about humans, it's that they don't like unexpected changes in their situation, and act quickly and violently against the source of that interruption.

                "So that's your true face, huh?" Mark 5 didn't take well to Earth's outburst, and slugs her.

                Adonis gives a bereaved sigh. "Aw, fuck me." He walks up to the two Tammuz, and throws an arm around each of them. "Come on, you two! Let's get you sobered up!" He saids it loudly, for the benefit of any people who may be watching, and then he lowers his voice to an angry hiss. "We so do not have time for this shit! Police HQ is right down the street, how do you think they would react to seeing three Created throwing down? They would start reenacting Frankenstein, but with SWAT cars and shotguns instead of torches and pitchforks. Let's go somewhere so that we can talk about this."

                Adonis is going to try and make Mark 5 and Earth calm down. Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 3 = 6 dice-> 1 success. Crisis averted- for now.



                Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

                Comment


                • #23
                  Earth
                  Conditions: Enraged
                  Alembics: Arc (2), Imperatus (0), Weaponize (0), Redirect (0)
                  Health:
                  BBBOOOOOOO | Willpower: 4/5 | Pyros: 4/12 | Beats: 2/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5

                  Mark 5 sends her stumbling and crashing into the wall. The dude can hit. That's Vitality for you. She growls and readies another charge, when Adonis steps in:

                  "We so do not have time for this shit! Police HQ is right down the street, how do you think they would react to seeing three Created throwing down? They would start reenacting Frankenstein, but with SWAT cars and shotguns instead of torches and pitchforks. Let's go somewhere so that we can talk about this."

                  Stupid Muses, always trying to break up a fight before it gets good. She looks from Adonis to Mark 5, then holds up her empty palms in surrender. "Fine. Where?"


                  2E Legacy Updates
                  Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                  Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                  Storm Keepers

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Mark 5
                    Conditions: Tenacious, Alienated
                    Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
                    Health: OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 6/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5

                    "We so do not have time for this shit! Police HQ is right down the street, how do you think they would react to seeing three Created throwing down? They would start reenacting Frankenstein, but with SWAT cars and shotguns instead of torches and pitchforks. Let's go somewhere so that we can talk about this."



                    Ugh. The boy had a point. He threw Earth a dark look, and grumbled something about snakes. Then he sighed and nodded. "Fine. Lead the way."
                    Last edited by Wormwood; 11-08-2016, 04:14 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Adonis
                      Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement)
                      Alembics: Eros (0), Assimilate (0), Stalker (0), Eris (0)
                      Health: OOOOOOO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 5/10
                      Beats: 0/5 I Vitriol Beats: 0/5


                      Adonis gives a small sigh of relief. He really didn't expect that to work. "This way."

                      He leads them with some speed away from Old Market Square, to a vacant lot with no windows or doors looking down into it, and illuminated by the faint glow of a streetlight. In the murk of the corner furthest from the light, he turns to face the Tammuz.

                      "Okay. So. I guess you two have already met each other." He puts a spread hand on his chest. ‚Äč"I had nothing to do with that graffiti. I honestly didn't see anything that specifically pointed to you, Earth. But I may not have been looking at find something." He tries to keep his ideas nice and neutral. "Or maybe this fog has something to do with it. Maybe it screws with how you see things. Because you're both pretty sure about what you saw, and I'm pretty sure about what I saw. We can't both be right, yeah?"


                      Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Mark 5
                        Conditions: Tenacious, Alienated
                        Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
                        Health: OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 6/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5

                        Noticed I hadn't included a picture yet. This is approximately how you can envision Mark 5:


                        "Okay. So. I guess you two have already met each other."

                        "Met - yes. But do we know each other? Not sure anymore" the Soldier said with more than a hint of reproach.
                        "Or maybe this fog has something to do with it. Maybe it screws with how you see things. Because you're both pretty sure about what you saw, and I'm pretty sure about what I saw. We can't both be right, yeah?"
                        This caused some very wide eyes. "You think the fog... changes thoughts? How?" This idea was more than just a little unsettling. For as long as he could remember, his body was the tool of his will. He could steel his body to deal with physical threats, no problem. However, the mere idea of something being able to attack his thoughts, lead his actions, was horrifying.

                        Last edited by Wormwood; 11-08-2016, 08:47 AM. Reason: Copied the Name-Speech colour idea from Adonis

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Earth, Mark 5, and Adonis

                          The three Created quickly move up Bannatyne, out of Market Square, and round the corner up Princess street, ending up in the darkened loading bay of a children's furniture store, behind a semi trailer awaiting attention from the skeleton crew of the store's staff. They can hear the distant music of indie pop from a restaurant up the street. Despite the close quarters of the Exchange, round a block and you can almost disappear into a different world. For all the facts that the distance is fairly short, it feels significantly longer, and people act accordingly. Headlights from passing cars cast bright spots and long shadows along the wall, highlighting additional graffiti.

                          OOC: If anyone wants, you can roll to try and find Pilgrim Marks of one kind or another. Wits + Composure - 2 due to darkness and fog, or Wits + Investigation -2 for the same.


                          My Homebrew Hub

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Mark 5
                            Conditions: Tenacious, Alienated
                            Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
                            Health: OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 6/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5


                            His mind on other matters, Mark 5 did not notice any Pilgrim Marks. Maybe that's for the best...?

                            0 sux
                            Last edited by Wormwood; 11-08-2016, 10:47 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Earth
                              Conditions: Enraged
                              Alembics: Arc (2), Imperatus (0), Weaponize (0), Redirect (0)
                              Health: BBBOOOOOOO | Willpower: 4/5 | Pyros: 4/12 | Beats: 2/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5





                              wits+composure-2, fail
                              edit: I rolled 3 dice and I should have rolled 4, here's the extra die: 1 success
                              The trip wasn't a total bust after all!


                              Backpack retrieved, Earth follows them to the neutral ground behind the loading dock, keeping an eye out for Pilgrim Marks on the way.

                              "Told you the fog was haunted."

                              She turns the matter over on her tongue, like a persistent jawbreaker. "Azoth calls to Azoth. You knew I was volatile, but we still decided to stick together a couple weeks ago when I blew into town. No grudge. I've taken a lot of hits."

                              "Maybe you didn't paint it, pretty boy. You're not acting like you would if you did. Maybe it was someone else in town, or an angel. Point is: I know the Created here heard all the stories, and they don't want me around. But I ain't like that no more. I just wanna pay my dues and stick around folks who get that I'm just Earth now."
                              Last edited by Caladriu; 11-08-2016, 02:43 PM.


                              2E Legacy Updates
                              Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                              Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                              Storm Keepers

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Adonis
                                Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement)
                                Alembics: Eros (0), Assimilate (0), Stalker (0), Eris (0)
                                Health: OOOOOOO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 5/10
                                Beats: 0/5 I Vitriol Beats: 0/5

                                "Maybe you didn't paint it, pretty boy. You're not acting like you would if you did. Maybe it was someone else in town, or an angel. Point is: I know the Created here heard all the stories, and they don't want me around. But I ain't like that no more. I just wanna pay my dues and stick around folks who get that I'm just Earth now."

                                ‚ÄčAdonis spreads his arms again. "Hey, I get that. I mean, I've heard the rumors about what went down. But if you say you're on the level now..." He shrugs. "I believe you. For what it's worth."

                                Adonis takes a moment to look around at the walls of the loading bay, looking for Pilgrim Marks.

                                Wits 2 + Composure 2 - Fog 2 = 2 dice -> 0 successes. Let's go ahead and make that a Dramatic Failure for a Beat.


                                "Hey, what's this?..."


                                Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎