Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know what I love MK I

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

    The next two years will be very interesting. After basically "losing" 3 times (2018 midterms, 2020 and now in 2022) there's a lot of Republicans who are starting to realize that Donald Trump is an albatross. He's great at getting people out to vote... for the Democrats. His defeating Hillary was kind of a fluke because she was one of the only people more widely disliked than Trump was, and even then it was a close win.

    And the thing is, the Republicans actually did relatively well this year, at least the more moderate, middle of the road ones. But the crazy election deniers and the ones closest to Trump ended up losing. If the Republicans had just stuck to running more standard candidates, they would have probably would have been able to take the Senate. Instead they ended up with people like Oz and Walker and failed as a result. And that's despite the massive gerrymandering and attempts to making voting harder.

    Of course, what's going to happen in 2024? If Trump wins the nomination, and it's possible he will because he still has a sizeable base in the Republican Party that will vote for him no matter what, then it's very likely that the Republicans will again not do very well in the general election. But if he doesn't win the Republican nomination because the Republicans vote for someone who would do better in a general election like DeSantis, then there's a high chance he'll run as an independent, or tell his fans to stay home, and take the Republican party down with him out of spite.

    They're very much stuck between a rock and a hard place. And the thing is, Trump could just keep running again and again, either as the Republican nominee or as an independent and you could see the Republican Party performing poorly in general elections for a decade or more as a result.

    The Republicans could have avoided all of that by voting to impeach him after January 6th but, oops.

    Still, a lot could happen in 2 years and there's no telling where things will be. Things could start getting so bad that a majority of Americans could end up feeling that seeing Trump and the Republicans back in power is better than the alternative.
    I agree with your analysis.


    Amethyst is my birthstone. She/they.

    Comment


    • I'm starting to get into South Korean action films recently and gives me hope that storytelling in movies isn't quite as dead as I feared it was and my friend is already recommending movies for me to check out.


      What in the name of Set is going on here?

      Comment


      • I'm also find Elon Musk takeover of Twitter entertaining as people are losing there minds of how there platform is being managed and rules could be enforced as folks like Kathy Griffth learned.


        What in the name of Set is going on here?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lysander View Post
          I'm also find Elon Musk takeover of Twitter entertaining as people are losing there minds of how there platform is being managed and rules could be enforced as folks like Kathy Griffth learned.
          Not exactly an "I love" to revel in the pain of others.


          Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

          Forum Terms of Use
          the Contact Us link.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lysander View Post
            I'm also find Elon Musk takeover of Twitter entertaining as people are losing there minds of how there platform is being managed and rules could be enforced as folks like Kathy Griffth learned.

            I loved seeing Eli Lilly lose billions of dollars in stock valuation because some joker paid 8 bucks for a blue checkmark and then made a fake account using their name and said they were going to be giving away insulin for free. Eli Lilly has said they plan to pursue legal action against Elon Musk because of their losses, as that exact scenario had been predicted by Twitter in the event that they allowed unverified users to get verified accounts, but was ignored and implemented anyway.

            Eli Lilly losing billions is great. Elon Musk getting sued for billions to recoup that loss is great. And Eli Lilly saying that maybe they'll reduce the price of insulin is great. If that happens it will be a win/win/win for the American people. And yeah, I love reveling in the pain of rich billionaire assholes and pharmaceutical companies losing unimaginable amounts of money. Fuck those guys.

            I am curious what's going to happen with Twitter though. I understand they have less than 10% of their workforce remaining after everyone else was fired or quit, and for the most part, the only workers still remaining are on H1B visas or people who can't afford to immediately lose their health insurance by leaving, but they're all in the process of looking for jobs somewhere else.

            Really, I don't know what Musk can do to attract anyone to the company after everyone's seen what a dumpster fire it's turning into. Advertisers are starting to flee because they don't want to be associated with that nonsense. And Elon even said in a meeting two weeks ago (even before he sent out that, "Everyone is going to be working hardcore or take 3 months of severance and quit" email) that Twitter declaring bankruptcy in 2023 is very possible. Who wants to jump on board a sinking ship while the captain is drilling holes in the hull?
            Last edited by AnubisXy; 11-20-2022, 03:46 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
              I loved seeing Eli Lilly lose billions of dollars in stock valuation because some joker paid 8 bucks for a blue checkmark and then made a fake account using their name and said they were going to be giving away insulin for free. Eli Lilly has said they plan to pursue legal action against Elon Musk because of their losses, as that exact scenario had been predicted by Twitter in the event that they allowed unverified users to get verified accounts, but was ignored and implemented anyway.

              Eli Lilly losing billions is great. Elon Musk getting sued for billions to recoup that loss is great. And Eli Lilly saying that maybe they'll reduce the price of insulin is great. If that happens it will be a win/win/win for the American people. And yeah, I love reveling in the pain of rich billionaire assholes and pharmaceutical companies losing unimaginable amounts of money. Fuck those guys.

              I am curious what's going to happen with Twitter though. I understand they have less than 10% of their workforce remaining after everyone else was fired or quit, and for the most part, the only workers still remaining are on H1B visas or people who can't afford to immediately lose their health insurance by leaving, but they're all in the process of looking for jobs somewhere else.

              Really, I don't know what Musk can do to attract anyone to the company after everyone's seen what a dumpster fire it's turning into. Advertisers are starting to flee because they don't want to be associated with that nonsense. And Elon even said in a meeting two weeks ago (even before he sent out that, "Everyone is going to be working hardcore or take 3 months of severance and quit" email) that Twitter declaring bankruptcy in 2023 is very possible. Who wants to jump on board a sinking ship while the captain is drilling holes in the hull?
              As someone who uses Twitter to advertise books and promote other indie projects and authors, the massive train wreck isn't something I'm fond of. It's something that was a communications platform for a lot of people and made it possible to business in a way that the disintegration of won't make anything better.


              Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

              Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

              Comment


              • Also... all of those H1B visa holders still at Twitter would only have 60 days to get a new job if they quit or get fired, or they risk getting deported (and that 60 days includes a lot of paperwork to inform the government that you're leaving one job for another). Most experts consider the current state of things to be effectively impossible for an H1B visa holder to switch employers until their new employer is 100% locked in to hire them before they leave their old one.

                So all those visa holding Twitter employees aren't just at risk of losing medical insurance. Their legal resident status is essentially something Musk can tank on a whim.

                While yet again, I get why it feels good to think about the silver linings to some recent events... there's a lot of very destructive storm clouds that shouldn't be ignored because of the pretty edges.

                Comment


                • Curious to see what comes of Jack Dorsey's BlueSky social media startup. He definitely has more time to pursue it now.


                  Thank you for passing time with me in conversation. My Hacks.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

                    As someone who uses Twitter to advertise books and promote other indie projects and authors, the massive train wreck isn't something I'm fond of. It's something that was a communications platform for a lot of people and made it possible to business in a way that the disintegration of won't make anything better.
                    Oh, it's definitely going to suck for some people, that's for sure. Still, seeing the richest man on the planet flush $44 billion down the toilet while trying to blame leftists because of his own idiocy, and causing other greedy corporations to lose billions in the process, is something I can't help but smile at. Hell, if he ends up losing a controlling share of SpaceX or Tesla when he has to sell stock to pay off his loans, that would be icing on the cake.

                    If Twitter was going to go down in flames, I can't think of any better way to see it go.

                    Comment


                    • I'd love to see Ben Affleck direct again. I always thought he was a better Director then an Actor myself and would enjoy seeing more films from him in the future or with Matt Damon.


                      What in the name of Set is going on here?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lysander View Post
                        I'm also find Elon Musk takeover of Twitter entertaining as people are losing there minds of how there platform is being managed and rules could be enforced as folks like Kathy Griffth learned.
                        I mean twitters always been a joke, people losing their minds about it need to touch grass. I'd genuinely prefer it not existing from a left wing perspective.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ragged Robin View Post

                          I mean twitters always been a joke, people losing their minds about it need to touch grass. I'd genuinely prefer it not existing from a left wing perspective.

                          True Social Media has been a blessing and a curse for us and it seems to be more a bane now with what I've been seeing with insanity of the "Mob" who seems to find offense in every little thing and companies seem to bend a knee before them.

                          On a better note I'm enjoying Black Butler from the Manga section at the local Chapters.


                          What in the name of Set is going on here?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X