Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I understand it 'splitting the company' would only mean letting a couple of people go at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaper View Post
      As I understand it 'splitting the company' would only mean letting a couple of people go at this stage.
      and a shit ton of paperwork. On paper they didn't buy white wolf, they merged with them. So selling off everything White Wolf would first require inventory, documentation and discovery of what all that actually includes.

Think of it like a divorce where everything is contested, you need to know what is owned before the lawyers can argue over who gets it.

Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

Comment

But isn't White Wolf more like a brand name now? It's not really a company anymore, not even a merged one. So basically White Wolf is just an IP now, right? I wouldn't think that'd be too hard to sell off.

Of course, I don't really know a thing about it so maybe it's more difficult than it seems...

MrGone's Character Sheets
        For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Odd_Canuck View Post
          and a shit ton of paperwork. On paper they didn't buy white wolf, they merged with them. So selling off everything White Wolf would first require inventory, documentation and discovery of what all that actually includes.

Think of it like a divorce where everything is contested, you need to know what is owned before the lawyers can argue over who gets it.
          Ah, I see.

Comment

It's a hoax/troll story, as pointed out in the comments section of the linked article.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
            Posts in this color are moderator posts
            Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
            Forum Terms of Use
            the Contact Us link.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. Teaches me once again to always check my sources.

Comment

My post was edited as a hoax, now I truly wonder with the latest CCP announcement if this "rumor" may have been 'insider' leak.
                Last edited by JoeB; 04-15-2014, 01:15 AM.

Assistant Organizer for:

Comment

If these rumors are true, it's unlikely that the IP will be given to Onyx Path over the highest bidder. CCP is a business, after all. Perhaps another software company like Electronic Arts or Bethesda's parent company, ZeniMax Media, would purchase the IP, as tabletop rpgs aren't exactly doing the best business nowadays.
                  Perhaps another software company like Electronic Arts or Bethesda's parent company, ZeniMax Media
                  Electronic Arts
                  Please excuse me. I have the sudden urge to acquire absinthe and some Adderall. With any luck, I wouldn't end up in Ohio again.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeB View Post
                    My post was edited as a hoax, now I truly wonder with the latest CCP announcement if this "rumor" may have been 'insider' leak.
                    As of now they have stated they aren't selling the IP.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                    Posts in this color are moderator posts
                    Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                    Forum Terms of Use
                    the Contact Us link.

Comment

You know about as much as I know, which is not very much. Companies will do what companies do, make profit. Im optimistic that one day the IP will fall on the hands of a company that truly cares for WOD.

Assistant Organizer for:

Comment

Working...
                      X