Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting together an unofficial OPP IRC channel! Need channel name input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting together an unofficial OPP IRC channel! Need channel name input.

Pretty simple stuff, I'm a member of #exalted on Sorcery.net and they've treated us well enough that I'm putting together another IRC, dedicated to White Wolf's other games as well as whatever offtopic stuff comes up. I'm doing this mostly because I know the fanbases for Exalted and the other games don't always overlap and I figure a different channel might provide a better atmosphere for people who couldn't care less about Exalted.

Edit: Originally had a question about name input here, but I went ahead and registered #theonyxpath on irc.sorcery.net. Come stop by! It's going to be a little wooly for a little while as we get stuff sorted out (read: I need to learn anything about IRC now that I've set this up) but I'm slowly but surely working on it!

Now if only I can learn how to delete topics or edit titles on this forum...
    Last edited by Kirby Jerusalem; 11-08-2013, 06:22 AM.

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
    - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Just letting people know that this channel actually now does exist and has people in it and stuff. So come, the more the merrier.

Comment

Indeed, we'd love to see you show up. Maybe we could even try to organize some kind of game.

All who wish to exist must first accept the existence of things beyond themselves and their current awareness, only then can existence return the favour.

irc.sorcery.net #theonyxpath

Comment

I was going to suggest calling it #SparkethIsASexyBeast, but that should do.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
        Read the rules

This is my mod voice.
        This is not my mod voice.

Comment

I have no idea what this is still.

Got an angel on the left hand and a devil on the right
          She's gonna raise a little hell up in heaven tonight---Vixen
          When you say it's all divine and meant to be
          What about your flesh and blood and defiers like me?---Avantasia

Comment

Originally posted by Rayvin Miyu View Post
            I have no idea what this is still.
            It's basically a multiple user chatroom, created in this case to serve as a place to talk about OPP tabletop games, as well as whatever else may come up!

If you want, the easiest way to come check us out: go to mibbit.com, find the link of the front page that says "Try Mibbit without signing up - Launch the App" or something along those lines. It'll take you to a page where there's a drop down menu (pick "Sorcery [webirc]") and two blanks, one for Nick (choose whatever name you like!) and channel (in this case, #theonyxpath is the channel we're in). That should get you to us!

I don't use the app so I don't know if there's any limit to it without signing up, but you'll at least be able to come say hi and chat a bit!

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
            - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Comment

There is no limit to mibbit.

Maybe easier to use the link (at least frommy experience some ppl find it easier):
              Press this Link to the mibbit channel . Then change to a name you like in the field nick, then click ok and wait a few seconds (although it displays an entry field for channel and server and nickname for a moment then don't type anything there just wait until the screen changes (at max. 4 seconds). With change I mean inside the screen a "tab" should open up named "sorcery<<" click on that tabname to open the chat (although like I said wait the 4 seconds....it can be that you don't need to click on the sorcery tab).

Comment

Working...
              X