X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onyx Path forums will be closed for fixing! πŸ‘

From this week's Monday Meeting Notes!

Big Forum News!
    An example of an initiative we’ve been hammering away at for more than a year have been our efforts to improve our Onyx Path Forums. It has been ridiculously complex and far more difficult than anybody deserved, but we have arrived at the point where a plan to bring the Forum software up to date, which is the key to any other changes we need to make, can be started later in December.

We’d love for it to be done and for fixed Forums be a thing we can present everyone before the start of 2023, but a bunch of that is out of our hands. This was how it was explained to non-tech-minded me:

We’re going to be moving the forums to a new server with an updated version of the software, which should hopefully clear up the long-standing issues we’ve had. Unfortunately this means locking down the forums during the changeover process to preserve the integrity of the database.

In a few weeks, we are going to shut down the Forums in order to do this, and we don’t have an ETA on when they will be active again, as the folks with that software can’t tell us that until they actually do it. Once they do what they do, we will either restore the Forums all set up with the most current software that lets us fix and add stuff that was previously impossible to change, or we’ll restore the Forums to how they are now because the process didn’t work.

A lot of our efforts this past year were making sure we didn’t go down any paths that could trash everything already there, as we know that one of the reasons forum users like that format of online communication is the ease of looking up old posts.

We’ll give everybody a week of warning, at least, once we know just when the shut-down will occur.

But then, after it works, we can finally get things like the entire Exalted forum working again! Which would be really good (to grossly understate the situation).

If we CAN get the Forums back up, and fixed, before 2023, that would be a great way to wrap up our year-long celebration.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-29-2022, 06:21 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Wooohoo! Fingers crossed and looking forward to the return of the Exalted forum!

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Is this why I can't post a question in the Exalted forum?

Comment

Originally posted by JimB View Post
        Is this why I can't post a question in the Exalted forum?
        Exalted forum is broken 2-3 years now. After fixing closing and works on it - it MAY work again. Probably in January 2023.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Exalted forum is broken 2-3 years now. After fixing closing and works on it - it MAY work again. Probably in January 2023.
          Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Working...
          X