Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap this is awesome!

Originally posted by bartkusa View Post

What do you mean by "store state", precisely?

- You can store your character roster in your browser's localstorage with the Save button.
    - You can store a battle-in-progress by... not closing the browser tab. :P

I'd love to let users have access to their data from multiple clients, but I have a limited amount of time to work on this, so I've just ignored the server entirely.

The easiest thing I could do to enable data-sharing w/o a server would be:

- button to export raw roster data as JSON
    - button to import raw roster data from copy-pasted JSON
    - button to import raw roster data from JSON stored at a URL

That'd be a LOT faster to code than provisioning and connecting to a server; would it help scratch your itch?
    I strongly suspect that export / import JSON of the current state would be adequete.

Also, for features to consider; add a 'character' for Battle Groups?

My Storyteller Vault releases!
    Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
    These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

Comment

Originally posted by wastevens View Post
      add a 'character' for Battle Groups?
      What special functionality do Battle Groups need? Hide essence? Freeze their initiative after round 1?

Comment

What special functionality do Battle Groups need? Hide essence? Freeze their initiative after round 1?
        Not entirely sure- I'm just anticipating that they'll easily get lost if they aren't in the tracker.
        Maybe Size and Magnitude?

Comment

I would just click Add New Character, type in the group's name, and put their Size/Magnitude/Might/etc in the notes section. They won't get lost if you give them a nice portrait.

Comment

I would just click Add New Character, type in the group's name, and put their Size/Magnitude/Might/etc in the notes section. They won't get lost if you give them a nice portrait.
            I shall bear that in mind / give it a try!

Comment

Interesting ! In it's current state you might actually just be able to scrape out the html/javascript to plug into another site as a static page: Let node.js compile it once for you then copy/paste the results to a more static webserver. I would recommend though, keep serverside interaction external to this app. I wouldn't do anything more complicated than POSTs JSON data to a URL and another that GETS JSON data, that way someone could set it up to use whatever server architecture they needed. You just need to be able to take a JSON object representing the state of a battle (Each of the involved characters, their various attributes (name/picture url/mote pool/init/boolean to represent if they've acted this round) and the current round/tick). If you pass in the json from a https://api.jquery.com/jquery.getjson/ call and set the battle to that, you've already done most of the work needed to synchronize for a "multiplayer" environment.

One thing it does need at the moment: The ability to add someone else into the mix in the middle of the battle.

Comment

This is awesome!

Very happy to see this, as I've been looking for it for a while. This will be a fixture in all my games.

Comment

Working...
                X