Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted Forum Guide to Helpful Topics and Tags

Helpful Topics

The Official Exalted Forum Introduction Thread - Introduce yourself!

Exalted 3rd Edition Useful Links - Useful Exalted Websites

Ask a Question, get an answer - For questions that you don't want an entire discussion about

What Breaks if... - Questions about rule changes

[3E] The Artifact and Evocation Workshop - Compilation of Homebrew Artifacts and Evocations

The Gazetter of X: Locations Workshop - Compilation of Homebrew Locations

Your Headcanon - Ideas not in the Official game materials that flesh out the setting

Exalted Media - Inspirational Videos, Comics, Music, etc

The Out-of-Context Game Quotes Thread - Best In Game Quotes

Things One is Not Allowed to do in Exalted - Silly Thread listing crazy stuff characters and/or players shouldn't do in Exalted

[Theory] Creative Agendas: What are gamism, narrativism, and simulationism?

Forum Tags

[2E] - Exalted 2nd Edition
    [2.5E] - Exalted 2nd Edition - Errata'd
    [3E] - Exalted 3rd Edition

[Actual Play] - Campaign Actual Play reports
    [Artifact] - Homebrew Artifact

[Character] - Player Character Topic

[Ex1] - Exalted 1st Edition
    [Ex2] - Exalted 2nd Edition
    [Ex2.5] - Exalted 2nd Edition - Errata'd
    [Ex3] - Exalted 3rd Edition

[Fiction] - Exalted Fan Fiction
    [Funny] - Silly shit
    [Fanart] - Fan Art

[Game] - Forum Game

[Homebrew] - Homebrew, usually of the game mechanics variety

[LFG] - Looking for Group - see Conventions and Gathering Forum
    [LFP] - Looking for Players - see Conventions and Gathering Forum

[MA] - Homebrew Martial Arts
    [Martial Arts] - Homebrew Martial Arts
    [Monday Meeting] - Discussions about Onyx Path's Monday Meeting Notes

[NSFW] - Not Safe for Work

[PbP] Play by Post - Please see Play by Post Forum
    [PEACH] - Please Edit And Critique Honestly

[QC] - Quick Character
    [Quest] - Choose your Adventure Quest Game

[Setting] - Setting Homebrew
    [Sorcery] - Sorcery Homebrew

[Tools] - Helpful files/programs/etc for Exalted

[Webcomic] - Exalted Fan Comic

Exalted Forum Slang

5ED - Five Elemental Dragons

CCP - Previous owner of Exalted Property
    Chungian Combat - Another term for Paranoid Combat
    Creation-Slaying Oblivion Kick - a combo from the Charcoal March of Spiders Style (Sidereal MA) that, if you're standing atop the Imperial Mountain and it's a clear day, allows you to kill every motherfucker in the world - infinite range attacks with "everyone you can see" targets and no real resistance. It's also slang for other such mega-combos.
    Conky - Fan nickname for Unconquered Sun

Developer - Project Manager of Game Line. Holden and John Mørke are the Exalted Developers

Editor - Proofreads the books.

FaFL - Fan nickname for First and Forsaken Lion
    Falafel - Fan nickname for First and Forsaken Lion

Her Redness - Fan nickname for the Scarlet Empress

Ignis Divine - Fan nickname for the Unconquered Sun.
    ISP - Invincible Sword Princess

Ketchup Carjack - Fan nickname for Chejop Kejak

Malfean - First Edition Term for Neverborn. Was dropped in later editions when Malfeas was introduced.

NPC - Non-Player Character

OP - Onyx Path or Overpowered or Original Poster/Post
    OPP - Onyx Path Publishing

PC - Player Character
    Paranoia / Paranoia Combat - Terms used to describe Second Edition's lethal combat.
    Paranoia Combo - Second Edition charm combo that includes a perfect defense

Shard - Second Edition fan name for an Individual Exaltation. Solars have 300 Shards. Sidereals have 100 Shards. Dragonblooded don't have Shards.
    Shard - Second Edition alternative Creation settings (Exalted Modern, Gunstar Autochthonia, etc)
    SWLiHN - She Who Lives in Her Name
    Sidereal'ed - Some posts the same post as you at the same time. Exalted Forum term for "Ninja'ed"
    Sol - Fan nickname for the Unconquered Sun.
    Sol Invictus - Fan nickname for the Unconquered Sun.
    Solaroid - Second Edition term for Solars, Abyssals, and Infernals
    Splat - Major divisions between character types (Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Dragonblooded, etc)
    ST - Storyteller

TED - The Ebon Dragon
    Thousand Dooms - Creation ending Scenarios of Exalted 2nd Edition. (Return of the Scarlet Empress, The Silver Prince's Fleet, etc)
    TSR - Thousand Streams River.
    TUS - The Unconquered Sun

Writer - Produces content for the Game Line on as a Freelancer. Some people are both Developers and Writers. Robert Vance and Stephen Lea Sheppard are examples of Exalted Writers
    WW - White Wolf

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary
    Last edited by wonderandawe; 06-02-2016, 03:35 PM.

I write things.

Threw together this topic real quick. Am I missing anything? Any tag need a better explanation?

Also, Lioness may prefer to combine this list with her useful links list instead of having a separate topic.
    Last edited by wonderandawe; 05-26-2016, 08:35 PM.

I write things.

Comment

Is this the place for defining popular fan-coined terms, like Splat, Fanon, Solaroid, the many mispronounced names of Chejop Kejak, the many nicknames of The Scarlet Empress, and other such nonsense?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
        Is this the place for defining popular fan-coined terms, like Splat, Fanon, Solaroid, the many mispronounced names of Chejop Kejak, the many nicknames of The Scarlet Empress, and other such nonsense?

That may work better as a separate section, "Exalted Forum Slang". If someone types it up, I can add it to the topic.

I write things.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post

That may work better as a separate section, "Exalted Forum Slang". If someone types it up, I can add it to the topic.
          Yeah, I think we need that, personally.

Do we want this to be a homebrew directory, too, or do a different post for that?

Comment

No, let's bury the word "solaroid" and forget it ever happened.

She/Her. I am literal-minded and write literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to make a joke.
            My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
            Exalted-cWoD-ArM url mega-library. Exalted name-generators.

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
              Yeah, I think we need that, personally.

Do we want this to be a homebrew directory, too, or do a different post for that?
              Nah. Let's make that a separate post and we can put a link here.

I write things.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

But sexually.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                  I said it once and I'll say it again. I'll stop using Solaroid the MOMENT that you folks provide a better way to refer to Solars, Abyssals, and Infernals.

(Granted that doesn't really come up too often anymore, what with us not having stats to encompass all of them. Only maybe in relation to the Martial Arts Mastery keyword?)

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

I said it once and I'll say it again. I'll stop using Solaroid the MOMENT that you folks provide a better way to refer to Solars, Abyssals, and Infernals
                    "Solars, Abyssals & Infernals"? You didn't say it had to be short, just better than "Solaroid".

Wondrous Atlas of Creation's Destiny - I cohost an Exalted podcast focusing on examining the setting's lore and how to develop them into elements to use in games.
                    Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
                      "Solars, Abyssals & Infernals"? You didn't say it had to be short, just better than "Solaroid".
                      You're a cheeky punk, ya know that? :P

I realize it's personal taste, yeah, but I actually rather like the way 'Solaroid' sounds. And to me, 'Solaroid' is a much easier and quicker thing to say than "Solars and their dark reflections", which the book does when discussing Mastery.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Yes, I know that. And I make the most that knowledge, and my ability to duck. Generally in that order.

Actually on-topic, do we need to wait until it's confirmed what Abbysals (and possibly Infernals) are before that term gets resolidified? It feels like we may end up with a wealth of terms to talk about the new Exalts as well.

Wondrous Atlas of Creation's Destiny - I cohost an Exalted podcast focusing on examining the setting's lore and how to develop them into elements to use in games.
                        Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

I'm of the opinion if it is a term used on the forum, it should be defined. A new person is going to go "What the fuck is a Solaroid?" and check the glossary. Even if that definition says "Fan-Created Second Edition term for Solars, Infernals, Abyssals."

I write things.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
                            I'm of the opinion if it is a term used on the forum, it should be defined. A new person is going to go "What the fuck is a Solaroid?" and check the glossary. Even if that definition says "Fan-Created Second Edition term for Solars, Infernals, Abyssals."
                            Agreed. If we omit terms because we personally dislike them, then we aren't fulfilling the mission of the post. We are also being arrogant asshats in claiming dominion over the "right" words to discuss Exalted.

Comment

Randomly; OP is also used to interchangably refer to the original post of a thread or the person who posted it.

Only thing that really jumped out at me, don't know if its that important.

(10chars)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎