Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

He could be a Legendary mortal?

Alternatively, what about a chosen of Athena?

I could see Alfred as a Scion of Athena, quiet wisdom and care strengthening the warrior. Hestia or Danu, quiet nurturers with shrewd plans, also works. Robin could be a scion of several more lighthearted but heroic figures. Hermes, Anubis, and Brigid make sense to me. That's Dick Grayson, Timothy Drake is clearly a scion of either Athena or Odin, I lean to the latter. Barbara Gorden is also a scion of Athena. Batwoman strikes me as a Scion of Artemis.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 02-27-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Random thoughts.

Dr Light (the JLI one) - Amaterasu
      Katana - Hachiman
      Steel (John Henry Irons) - Ogun
      Black Lightning - Shango
      Plastic Man - Loki
      Aztek - Kukulkan
      Dr. Fate - Thoth

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Random thoughts:
        • Batfamily (Saints)
        • Raven (Titanspawn Sorceress)
        • Cheetah (Sekemat)
        • The Demon Etrigan (Titanspawn)

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

The Doom Patrol strike me as Titan spawn that broke away from the Titans.

The Ray is clearly a Scion of Apollo.

Uncle Sam strikes me as a Scion of Quetzelcoutl.

Black Condor is clearly a scion of the Thunderbird.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

I could see Alfred as a Scion of Athena, quiet wisdom and care strengthening the warrior. Hestia or Danu, quiet nurturers with shrewd plans, also works. Robin could be a scion of several more lighthearted but heroic figures. Hermes, Anubis, and Brigid make sense to me. That's Dick Grayson, Timothy Drake is clearly a scion of either Athena or Odin, I lean to the former. Barbara Gorden is also a scion of Athena. Batwoman strikes me as a Scion of Artemis.

Joker's obviously a Scion of Loki, no question about it. Heck, Loki's final duel between him and Heimdall even sounds like something you might expect Joker and Batman to end up doing at some point.

Beastboy (aka Changeling), Swamp Thing and Solomun Grundy are all Chosen of the Titans, with a connection to the purviews of Animal, Fertility and Death respectively. These Titanic forces manifesting themselves in the form of The Red, The Green, and The Gray.
            Last edited by Nyrufa; 02-23-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Ted Knight is probably a scion of Hermes. That would mean his son Jack is a grandkid scion. I base this on Hermes being conected to the stars, transformation, and travel. All of these fit the first Starman.

Comment

The Sandman is a scion of Morpheus.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                  The Sandman is a scion of Morpheus.
                  The Sandman is a Mantle of Morpheus. Or vice versa.

Comment

No One of Consequence

FallenEco

Actually, Sandman would be more of a Titan Avatar.

The Endless don't simply rule over the forces of Destiny, Destruction, Delirium, Dream, Death, Desire, and Despair, they are the literal embodiment of those forces. The same way 1E's Greater Titans were the embodiment of their respective forces.

Last edited by Nyrufa; 02-27-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I meant the Wesley Dodds one. (Vertigo's Sandman/Sandman Mystery Theater one shot was delightfully weird.)

Comment

I meant the Wesley Dodds one. (Vertigo's Sandman/Sandman Mystery Theater one shot was delightfully weird.)
                        Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

Apologies.
                          No worries.

I'm honestly not even sure how something like the Endless would fit into Scion. Incidentally, there's a rather fun riff on them in the recent Black Hammer series from Dark Horse.

I wonder if anyone has tried writing up Jack Kirby's Fourth World characters as a Pantheon.

Comment

No worries.

I'm honestly not even sure how something like the Endless would fit into Scion.

They'd probably fit in better with 2nd edition than 1st. They aren't actively trying to fight the pantheons, as described in the Titanomachy. They're just sentient concepts who are going about their business as usual.

Comment

Working...
                            X