Scion: Golarion (Or Toril)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion: Golarion (Or Toril)

Had the thought the other night of Scion, but on a Golarion (The Pathfinder setting) that has reached modern level of technology and the scions are children of the gods of that world. It seemed like an interesining thought and side steps the whole monotheism issue that the core book tries to hand wave. The only tricky part I would think would be the PSPs.

Has anyone else had thoughts along these lines? Maybe using Toril of DnD rather than Golarion?

My suggestion is to remove the PSP and use the Covenant Birthright as a connection to the people that worship the pantheon or the specific god. For example, the Elven god would have a covenant involving the elves, and the god of a certain city would have with the people living there.

The PSPs are related to the myths of that pantheon and how the people picture the gods, só you could also use one of the PSPs of the available pantheons, I am not completely familiar to them, so I cant really point where to go. Probably something like the Netjer (you have power over people you know, just because you are powerful, not because you know their names)

Also, the motif of the pantheon may be interesting. As its based on a completely magical setting, using for example "Divine magic are true miracles" is an interesting idea, as it magically allow the Heroes to be something like the Clerics, but more powerful and versatile.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
    House Rules - Psi - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Æon
    Fists and Tomes - Inspired Martial Arts and Mysticism for Talents

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      My suggestion is to remove the PSP and use the Covenant Birthright as a connection to the people that worship the pantheon or the specific god. For example, the Elven god would have a covenant involving the elves, and the god of a certain city would have with the people living there.

The PSPs are related to the myths of that pantheon and how the people picture the gods, só you could also use one of the PSPs of the available pantheons, I am not completely familiar to them, so I cant really point where to go. Probably something like the Netjer (you have power over people you know, just because you are powerful, not because you know their names)

Also, the motif of the pantheon may be interesting. As its based on a completely magical setting, using for example "Divine magic are true miracles" is an interesting idea, as it magically allow the Heroes to be something like the Clerics, but more powerful and versatile.
      I hadn't considered the Covenant birthright. That's a good idea.

I kind of had the thought that clerics would function like Sorcerers.

Comment

In fact Some of the Sorcerers are literally clerics worshipping gods, how didnt I think about it?

Some others work as warlocks stealing powers of the gods and others use magical focuses to do magic.

Only the Wizards are not really covered (as their method is studding magic and not receiving magic from the gods/items). Maybe the prohibition could symbolise it somehow, like you must dedicate X hours every day to study magic, or must let grow a beard, or must wear funny pointy hats.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
        House Rules - Psi - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Æon
        Fists and Tomes - Inspired Martial Arts and Mysticism for Talents

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
          In fact Some of the Sorcerers are literally clerics worshipping gods, how didnt I think about it?

Some others work as warlocks stealing powers of the gods and others use magical focuses to do magic.

Only the Wizards are not really covered (as their method is studding magic and not receiving magic from the gods/items). Maybe the prohibition could symbolise it somehow, like you must dedicate X hours every day to study magic, or must let grow a beard, or must wear funny pointy hats.
          Or maybe their items are a set of magic runes painted by Wayne Renolds?

Comment

Working...
          X