Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which New Pantheons do you want?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
    This is my master list of pantheons I hope to one day see in the game, 70 in total:

    Egyptian- Netjer
    Greek- Theoi
    Norse- Aesir
    Aztec- Teotl
    Japanese- Kami
    Yoruba- Orisha
    Irish- Tuatha De Danann
    Chinese- Shen
    Hindu- Deva
    Algonquin- Manitou
    Persian- Yazata
    Gaulish- Nementodevos
    Polynesian- Atua
    Slavic- Bogovi
    Mesopotamian- Anunna
    Navajo- Diyin Dine'e
    Mayan- K'uh
    Inca- Apu
    Canaanite- Elohim
    Roman- Dei
    Arabic- Alihah
    Inuit- Inue
    Lakota- Wakanpi
    Nyanga- Milungu*
    Guarani- Anga
    Hopi- Kachina
    Finnish- Jumalat
    Buddhist- Palas
    Mongolian- Tanrilar
    Australian Aboriginal- Tjukuritja**
    Tagalog- Diwata
    Shiunesh- Hittite
    Igbo- Alusi
    Iroqouios- Orenda
    Korean- Sinduel
    Welsh- Plant Don
    Buganda- Balubaale*
    Haida- Sga'na Qeda's
    Burmese- Nat
    Ashanti- Abosom
    Baltic- Dievai
    Etruscan- Aisar
    Vietnamese- Than
    Zulu- Onukulunkulu*
    Mapuche- Ngen
    Indonesian- Hyangs**
    Taino- Zemis
    San- ????
    Mbuti- Uungu***
    Circassian- Xucar
    Basque- Jainko
    Cherokee- Nunne'hi
    Bunyoro- ????*
    Muisca- ????
    Choctaw- Shilombish
    Malagasy- Maha-Andriamnitra
    Bicolano- Anitos
    Tibetan- Lha
    Muscogee- Hesaketvmese
    Ainu- Kamuy
    Sami- Ipmil
    Siberian- Vairgit**
    Nubian- Yakush
    Thracian- Disa
    Fijian- Kalou
    Congolese- Nkisi*
    Tupari-????
    Manchu- Enduri
    Dahomey- Vodun

    *Could potentially all be combined together into a Bantu mega-pantheon
    **Too broad, I know
    ***I'm concerned that enough information doesn't exist, but too interesting not to include.
    I hope we get enough supplements for even half those. I also hope that we get some books like SCION: RAGNAROK. In the less well known cultures it will be vital for most folks to play those pantheons. Heck! We need books like that for all ten pantheons in the 1st ed.

    Comment


    • I heard John's Scion Resources' World Religion Map had 82 pantheons? Does anyone have that file or at least a list of all the pantheon names?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bojangles View Post
        I heard John's Scion Resources' World Religion Map had 82 pantheons? Does anyone have that file or at least a list of all the pantheon names?
        Not to my knowledge. I hope he'll do some PDFs so each pantheon can get its just due of coverage. A good bibliography of sources on each pantheon would be desirable too!

        Comment


        • I would offer my firstborn for a Mongolian/Turkic one.

          Comment


          • Unfortunately, the JSR site has been done since 2015 or so, when the authors stopped working on Scion first edition to write their own game. It still hasn't come out, and they don't do Scion any more, so we have all we're going to get.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Clockro4ch View Post
              I would offer my firstborn for a Mongolian/Turkic one.
              I may be mistaken but i think the Tengri are slatted for Demigod.


              Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post

                I may be mistaken but i think the Tengri are slatted for Demigod.
                It is, along with the Annuna, the Bogovi, the Apu, and the Atua.

                (those being Mesopotamian, Slavic Russian, Inca, and the confederation of Polynesian pantheons)


                Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                Comment


                • Cool. I'm still hoping for some southwestern and Inuit material, as well as Mayan, Zulu, and Australian.


                  What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    Cool. I'm still hoping for some southwestern and Inuit material, as well as Mayan, Zulu, and Australian.
                    Southwest (Apachean and Puebloan) and Australian are both unlikely as the cultures in question treat their stories as sacred secrets and do do not trust writers from outside their communities.

                    That said, the Hopi and Zuni have versions they sell tourists, so those could be usable as long as writers from said community were profiting off the book.
                    Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-08-2020, 07:57 PM.


                    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                    Comment


                    • This may prove to be unpopular and people may say it goes against everything.....but a Judeo-Christian ‘pantheon’ based on the Angels and Demons, respectively.

                      Also, as per American Gods, a ‘post-modern’ pantheon of contemporary gods.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Trippy View Post
                        This may prove to be unpopular and people may say it goes against everything.....but a Judeo-Christian ‘pantheon’ based on the Angels and Demons, respectively.

                        Also, as per American Gods, a ‘post-modern’ pantheon of contemporary gods.
                        Working on both (though the “Modern Gods” pantheon will need to be for a different setting, because they make no sense in the World where the “old gods” have kept up and are popular).

                        Of course Mal’akhim and Legion will have to be released into the wild rather than published on the Nexus. But I’m hoping to put Novis Ordo Seclorum up on the Nexus.

                        Abrahamic pantheons don’t go against anything. Excluding them goes against everything by pretending said belief systems are somehow different and special from all the world’s other belief systems. The Orisha already demonstrate monotheistic pantheons work just fine in the setting.


                        Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Trippy View Post
                          Also, as per American Gods, a ‘post-modern’ pantheon of contemporary gods.
                          We have a shot on Post-Modern Pantheon here - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...gods-of-gaiman


                          My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

                            Working on both (though the “Modern Gods” pantheon will need to be for a different setting, because they make no sense in the World where the “old gods” have kept up and are popular).

                            Of course Mal’akhim and Legion will have to be released into the wild rather than published on the Nexus. But I’m hoping to put Novis Ordo Seclorum up on the Nexus.

                            Abrahamic pantheons don’t go against anything. Excluding them goes against everything by pretending said belief systems are somehow different and special from all the world’s other belief systems. The Orisha already demonstrate monotheistic pantheons work just fine in the setting.
                            I look forward to seeing some Abrahamic pantheons included. It would really add to the game, in my view. With regards to a ‘Modern Gods’ pantheon, I’m just thinking of another antagonist group really - which is pretty much as they are in American Gods.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

                              We have a shot on Post-Modern Pantheon here - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...gods-of-gaiman
                              Interesting read!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trippy View Post

                                I look forward to seeing some Abrahamic pantheons included. It would really add to the game, in my view. With regards to a ‘Modern Gods’ pantheon, I’m just thinking of another antagonist group really - which is pretty much as they are in American Gods.
                                Antagonists or not, they don’t make sense in the World, where Hermès is perfectly capable of being god of the internet without the internet being a new god unto itself.

                                Which is not saying “modern gods” can’t be done in Scion, it just needs to be a separate setting.

                                American Gods spoiler

                                the dichotomy of them as antagonists to the old gods was a con. The old vs new division is a lie. They and the old gods were being equally manipulated. Gaiman’s hardly a Luddite who sees modernity as a threat to imagination and myth


                                Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X