By the Gods I wish we had more Mummy! Gimme some Capacocha Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eldagusto
    Banned
    • Nov 2013

By the Gods I wish we had more Mummy! Gimme some Capacocha Please!

I'm perusing the Mummy the Arisen 1st ed books and it just makes me wish we had more Mummies in the Classic World of Darkness! We barely have anything on the Capacocha! It feels a real shame because at least the Wu Tian touched upon the already established Middle Kingdom Setting. But the Capacocha barely get tied into developed lore! We get hints of that area with the Drowned Legacies of Vampire and now with Changeling giving only a very specific view, but the Capacocha don't get the same level of Mythological retelling. The Amenti reshape Egyptian Myth to fit the secret history of the World of Darkness, the Wu Tian do similar but we aren't given much word count but at least they touch upon already established crossover friendly splats, two of which are already Immortals (Hsien and Xian same character) and Mages which are Immortal sometimes.

But what about the Capacocha!? We barely get a taste! We don't get their perspective of the gods and spirits. The Amenti and Wu Tian get so much more stuff to latch onto but the Capacocha don't even have their Dark Kingdom touched upon till recently, the Dark Kingdom of Obsidian.

What are some thoughts on expanding it? It feels to me the presence of Mummies tied to a Dark Kingdom automatically pumps up what is possible in that Kingdom's history. All of a sudden its infused with wonder and awe.

I was hoping for some Incan wonders traveling as far as the lands that would be inherited by the Mayans. Some Wraithside lore. Give me some Balam mentions for crying out loud! We are essentially left with go look up and invent stuff for yourself. But its a cool niche that rarely gets explored.
  • No One of Consequence
    • Jan 2017

I want Mexican mummy masked luchadors.

Seriously.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Eldagusto
      Banned
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
      I want Mexican mummy masked luchadors.

Seriously.
      I mean Personally I would also Toss in Mummy Mariachi Hitmen with Gimmick Guitarcase weapons...

I included a Luchador Masks in my Mummy the Arisened Relics.

Comment

• Mister_Dunpeal
        • Jul 2019

I was always fond of Mummy as being one of the most 'different' (first was okay, second was better.. third was the most developed narratively but there were elements - like the Cabiri - I missed in MtR even though I really liked how they developed the Capocha and the Wu Tian) On the other hand I'm not sure it was ever popular enough to merit the kind of growth other lines (Even Demon) got because in alot of ways it was always an adjunct to VtM more than anything (I don't think they did much to tie it to Mage or Werewolf apart from name dropping.) And given that MtR came out at the time the oWoD was winding down it wasn't surprising.

There's plenty of ways it *could* be developed especially if they had kept in some of th prior stuff but I think unless demand is higher than it is it's probably a 'houserules/homebrew' solution.

Comment

• Eldagusto
          Banned
          • Nov 2013

Yeah since I got into Revised Mummy first they I was intrigued by researching the Cabiri later. I would keep More Shaunkhsen like the Cabiri as a middle faction. Give more info on the Related Dark Kingdoms. I mean the Cabiri and Risen are the only references I remember to Hades in CWOD.

I would say Mage was more tied to Demon then Even Vampire since they went with the origins of Awakening Mankind, the Avatar being the Spark of God and even confused as Angel Fragments and all. I really wish we got more info on Angels and that they would make Lilith and Nephilim more of a thing. More on Qlippoth and Neverborn too.

Comment

• No One of Consequence
            • Jan 2017

I still use slightly modified 2nd ed when I use them, including several factions that cover different aspects of the secret immortal genre, but I have in the past enjoyed using Resurrection as a sort of stand alone thing about somewhat damaged people becoming whole again as champions of Maat in a world of monsters that aren't necessarily the ones from the other games. I've also done something similar with Hunter, and have at times toyed with the idea of these two and Demon as their own stand alone World of Not So Darkness.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

• Eldagusto
              Banned
              • Nov 2013

Personally a project I was meaning to flesh out more was using the idea of adding the Einherjar as another group of Immortals. As well as making a more fantastical version of Highlander were they are closer to Wuxia Exalted, and Star Wars Video Game level force.

Comment

• No One of Consequence
                • Jan 2017

So, a funny thing. The references to Einherjar in Mage's Dead Magic 2 actually refer to Mummys, and if there had been more space, it would've included guidelines for adapting Resurrection to a Norse cosmology and culture.

Comment

• Eldagusto
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2013

So, a funny thing. The references to Einherjar in Mage's Dead Magic 2 actually refer to Mummys, and if there had been more space, it would've included guidelines for adapting Resurrection to a Norse cosmology and culture.
                  Interesting! I missed getting Deadmagic when I was collecting the books, I didn't know they even referenced them! Now I can yearn for something I never knew I was missing out on till now thanks!

Comment

• No One of Consequence
                    • Jan 2017

You can get the pdf version on drivethrurpg.com

Comment

• Eldagusto
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2013

You can get the pdf version on drivethrurpg.com
                      Oh yeah I know but I procrastinate when I didn't get a solid copy... you know for like twenty years. :P

Come on I can't be the only one!

Comment

• No One of Consequence
                        • Jan 2017

I still don't have a copy of Ascension or any of the Tradition books after Euthanatos.

Comment

• Toby Weingarten
                          • Sep 2017

I somehow missed the reference to the Einherjar as well, and I no longer have most of my old WOD books. I had been toying with my own ideas for Norse and Celtic Mummies, though. With the tradition of Sleepers lying under hills awaiting the time to return (i.e. King Arthur) the possibility is there. Also, there are the "Bog People" which are actual mummies found in peat bogs. I think of tying them somehow to the fae instead of the Spell of Life, just to add some flavor.

THWarted

Comment

• Eldagusto
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Toby Weingarten View Post
                            I somehow missed the reference to the Einherjar as well, and I no longer have most of my old WOD books. I had been toying with my own ideas for Norse and Celtic Mummies, though. With the tradition of Sleepers lying under hills awaiting the time to return (i.e. King Arthur) the possibility is there. Also, there are the "Bog People" which are actual mummies found in peat bogs. I think of tying them somehow to the fae instead of the Spell of Life, just to add some flavor.
                            Oh Good call on the Sleeping till the country needs them idea, that does sound like mummies especially Arisen style. I've heard people wanting to toy with Bog Mummies, maybe tying them to Caibiri.

Doing Einherjar would be cool because then I could portray Valhalla! It would be fun to work on Einherjar style magic, I think I would diverge a bit more with their magic compared to other three.

Comment

• No One of Consequence
                              • Jan 2017

So, if I was to try to outline a book about classical era Mayans, ie Kingdoms of the Jaguar, it would probably primarily focus on the Fera (Balam especially, as well as Mokole and Camazotz, with a little bit about the Uktena and perhaps Pumonica) and Mages (aside from what would become parts of the Dreamspeakers, also the Yum Cimil and certain proto-Ecstatics, and the Balamab). Then there'd be a bit about the Dark Kingdom(s) of Obsidian during this period, and a section about Mayan Capacocha (I think they would be Intimallki, but I'm not 100% sure). And then maybe some notes about vampires and changelings (as I've no idea what the 20th anniversary editions say about them specifically).

Comment

Working...