Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Technocracy call hobgoblins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the Technocracy call hobgoblins?

That is, "hobgoblin" sounds like a Traditions term. I imagine the Union uses some pseudo scientific sounding term.
    What do you think?

extra-normal entities?

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Maybe "Psionic Parasites". More of a NWO term.

Thank you for passing time with me in conversation. My Hacks.

Comment

Well, either TBEs aka Tinker Bell Entities (Chimerical stuff) or PDEs aka Pan-Dimensional Entities (Umbral Stuff), depending on what kind of hobgoblin you are dealing with.

From Technocracy Reloaded at least.
        Last edited by Technoma; 11-21-2022, 03:45 AM. Reason: Additional clarification.

Comment

One term that I heard from other games and that I like a lot is EDE (Extra dimensional entities), but that is a generic term for any being that's not from our home dimension. In this particular case, you could also use these that I just invented: HOB (Hostile oneiric being), PPM (Predatory Psychic Manifestation), DDI (Disruptive dream intruder), or FMC (Folklore mimic creature)

Comment

How about PEM - Personal Entity Manifestations (Or PME if we wanna turn the order)

I'm sure the Technocracy has lots of records of them and are aware that they seem to stick around single individuals.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
            cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
            EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
              That is, "hobgoblin" sounds like a Traditions term. I imagine the Union uses some pseudo scientific sounding term.
              What do you think?
              Reality abominations, targeted for termination.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                What do you think?
                I have three ideas / examples:
                Hobgoblin-Derived Entities
                Goblinoid Manifestations
                Goblin Creature-Entitites

I see no clear / definite reasons against Technocrats directly using words, phrases, or terms which have at least some technical and practical relevancy, and that also can certainly be characteristic and recognizable.

Comment

Aliens. In my games, the average Technocrat views absolutely everything from the Middle and Astral Umbrae as literal aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Firanai View Post
                    One term that I heard from other games and that I like a lot is EDE (Extra dimensional entities), but that is a generic term for any being that's not from our home dimension. In this particular case, you could also use these that I just invented: HOB (Hostile oneiric being), PPM (Predatory Psychic Manifestation), DDI (Disruptive dream intruder), or FMC (Folklore mimic creature)
                    I am so using HOB.

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Maybe Gremlins, since the origin of the term has to do with malfunctioning technology?
                      Last edited by Matt the Bruins fan; 12-04-2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                        Maybe Gremlins, since the origin of the term has to do with malfunctioning technology?
                        By the way, Magic: the Gathering trading card game Kaladesh set / expansion has Gremlins as creatures / soldiers of the Red colour. They seem quite cute and funny, though you never know. And they do indeed have gameplay effects and abilities which are themed as damaging technology or causing technology to malfunction. There are not many Gremlin cards in MtG, but these cards are still noteworthy and interesting.
                        Last edited by Muad'Dib; 12-04-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

"An interesting question, you say you're seeing creatures as a result of your enlightened science? Please report to complex gamma-blue for debriefing at 10:45 tormmorow, you will arrive 5 minutes early and sit in the BLUE seat."

-Trust us

Comment

Working...
                          X