Lab Grown Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prometheas View Post
    Gunna go against the grain here and say that not only would lab grown blood Not conflict with VTM's themes, it would actually enhance them.
    This is a worthy idea, but I fear it'd be a non-starter in 95% of domains. You're just asking for revolution trying this. Few princes are so powerful or have such ignorant constituents. It would certainly make an interesting story or two but I fear it's impossible to make widespread

I think it wouldn't really work on any but the youngest & weakest Kindred who have a Blood Potency of 3 or less.
    Blood Potency remains a horrible idea as ever. Here is really the poor and uninteresting opposite of Prometheas's suggestion: The weaker bloods don't have the resources for something they don't need and the more "potent" bloods can't actually use it so what's the point in making it?

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

I think I'd house rule it this way.

V5

Lab grown blood is something that vampires of the 11th, 12th, and 13th Generation as well as Thin Bloods are capable of digesting for sustenance. It is bland, tasteless, and carries no resonance but is capable of keeping the Beast at bay. Most vampires will still struggle with a desire for human blood due to the addictive nature of it but the fact it is capable of being survived on is something that opens an entirely new avenue of the Jyhad. If the youngest and weakest of vampiredom can survive without preying on humans, then are they an even greater threat to their Elders?

Classic

It works exactly like animal blood so that anyone except for someone suffering from a Methusaleh's Thirst can survive off of it.
      Last edited by CTPhipps; 11-13-2022, 07:08 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
      the Contact Us link.

Comment

The legendary Goratrix once produced this "artificial blood" (yet another among his many legendary deeds, yes I'm a Goratrix fan boy lol the guy is such a badass xD), back in the early Middle Ages, it was able to nourish vampires, but had some not so pleasant side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
          The legendary Goratrix once produced this "artificial blood" (yet another among his many legendary deeds, yes I'm a Goratrix fan boy lol the guy is such a badass xD), back in the early Middle Ages, it was able to nourish vampires, but had some not so pleasant side effects.
          The cappadocians have a level one ritual to transmute blood from dead biomass. So this has prescident.

I'm very much for it. Its easier to implement in v20 but could work In v5 with some tinkering. With v5 I'd say thin bloods can drink with ease it to give thin bloods a meaningful edge and conflict point.

Comment

Working...
          X