Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Siren: The Surfacing (nWoD Abandoned Fangame Resurrection)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SaulottheGentle View Post

    Now for the counterarguments. For one, Akasha refers to a supposed etheric field that records past events. This fitting for Sirens, as the Deluge is connected to the concept of Time and as such it connects to past events and has anything within it's waters. Also, literally almost every culture has some stories on water spirits or gods, or things that connect to water in general. Though it's not so much, doesn't it sort of fulfill the same definition that Akasha does? "Etheric Field" in the form that the tales are worldwide, and "recorded past events" is the definition of history itself. Using this reasoning, Akasha can still be fitting. At the least though I can imagine Akasha being renamed to "Akashic Record", to ascribe to what the Siren has learned during her time as a Siren.

    As for Pneuma, the original ideas behind it were for it to fit the Succubi trope as well as Siren trope, basing on the idea that Sirens feed off of human souls to keep themselves alive. Connecting to this is the idea of the water-air connection that we have for Sirens who reach the "Archmaster" state so to speak. Not to mention with the powers being based on music and song, a fuel stat that literally translates to "Breath" is fitting to power it. If it helps even more, one of the most common diseases people hear of is pneumonia, a disease where the lungs are swollen and air cannot move. If nothing else, it's an allusion to what it means (breath) and if the concern for a fitting enough name for the fuel stat is great enough, we might have to change Pneuma back into it's original form. Breath.



    I also found this if it means anything for Pneuma. Also, going by the logic used that "if people don't understand the power stat but understand the fuel stat, then it should be fine", I point out that Werewolves use Essence which, while giving the connection to Spirits (and that Wolves are part spirit themselves) doesn't play out the same way that Spirits can play around with it. Another example I have is that Mummies use Pillars, which by even looking at the name seriously doesn't give the same connection to "Mummies" that "Mana" connects to "Mages".
    Fair enough. I would like to second Akasha being renamed "Akashic Record", as that would be the most recognizable term associated with Akasha. As for Pneuma, there is a significant amount of information based around our Juice Stat being "Pneuma", so I would have no objections to keeping it as Pneuma for now. Once we reach the playtesting stage, We would be able to get a better feel if it works or not. My apologies for being rather hasty in my objections.


    I feel like Lucidity fits in with the "prophecy" bit, the Siren stories of songs driving people mad and keeping themselves focused in the present.
    With that, I believe that the re-terming process is done. Tentatively, the terms go as such:

    Integrity Equivalent. Lucidity
    Power Stat: Akashic Record
    Juice Stat: Pneuma
    Frenzy-Effect: Maelstrom
    Virtue and Vice: Shore and Sea
    X-Axis: Waters, ranging from Polaria, Tropicana, Gardenia, Vaporia, Freshwater (I'm going to not touch on this one as I assume people are tired of me going on about terms), and Discordia
    Y-Axis: Currents, with the normal ones being Conflict, Harmony, Healing, Wisdom, and Buoyancy. The Abyssal Currents are Dark Secrets, Primordial Darkness, Mankind's Victory, Dark Passions, and the Void
    Z-Axis?: I presume that this is on the backburner for now, but Depths?
    Abilities: Verses are the "channeling", spell-like abilities while Alterations are the passive, physical-like abilities

    Enemies: Echidnal Sirens who follow Echidna's mindset, the Vodianoi who are Echidna's creations, the Banshees who are Siren-like creatures that did not surface in The Deluge, and the Flensers who hunt Sirens for their longevity-properties

    I believe that this is the list of things that are essentially set in stone now.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
      Fair enough. I would like to second Akasha being renamed "Akashic Record", as that would be the most recognizable term associated with Akasha. As for Pneuma, there is a significant amount of information based around our Juice Stat being "Pneuma", so I would have no objections to keeping it as Pneuma for now. Once we reach the playtesting stage, We would be able to get a better feel if it works or not. My apologies for being rather hasty in my objections.
      It's fine. I'm sorry that all I seem to give is Counterarguments. D:

      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
      With that, I believe that the re-terming process is done. Tentatively, the terms go as such:

      Integrity Equivalent. Lucidity
      Power Stat: Akashic Record
      Juice Stat: Pneuma
      Frenzy-Effect: Maelstrom
      Virtue and Vice: Shore and Sea
      X-Axis: Waters, ranging from Polaria, Tropicana, Gardenia, Vaporia, Freshwater (I'm going to not touch on this one as I assume people are tired of me going on about terms), and Discordia
      Y-Axis: Currents, with the normal ones being Conflict, Harmony, Healing, Wisdom, and Buoyancy. The Abyssal Currents are Dark Secrets, Primordial Darkness, Mankind's Victory, Dark Passions, and the Void
      Z-Axis?: I presume that this is on the backburner for now, but Depths?
      Abilities: Verses are the "channeling", spell-like abilities while Alterations are the passive, physical-like abilities

      Enemies: Echidnal Sirens who follow Echidna's mindset, the Vodianoi who are Echidna's creations, the Banshees who are Siren-like creatures that did not surface in The Deluge, and the Flensers who hunt Sirens for their longevity-properties

      I believe that this is the list of things that are essentially set in stone now.
      Yes, this looks good. My only question though was on Banshees. As far as I know, they were planned to be one of the two (the other being the Breathless) subsplats to Sirens.How are they antagonists? I mean, given what little we have on them, which seems to be that they have the ability to Trace (uncontrollably) as Sirens do, I imagine that they could be just as much antagonist as they are beneficial subsplat, trying to make the dooms come true instead of foretelling them.


      Currently Doing: Siren the Drowning (Fansplat Ressurection) http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-resurrection

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SaulottheGentle View Post
        It's fine. I'm sorry that all I seem to give is Counterarguments. D:
        No worries. If an argument has a counterargument, that just means that both sides are valid in their own way.


        Yes, this looks good. My only question though was on Banshees. As far as I know, they were planned to be one of the two (the other being the Breathless) subsplats to Sirens.How are they antagonists? I mean, given what little we have on them, which seems to be that they have the ability to Trace (uncontrollably) as Sirens do, I imagine that they could be just as much antagonist as they are beneficial subsplat, trying to make the dooms come true instead of foretelling them.
        I believe that Banshees would be an antagonist the same way that a Draugr in Vampire would be an antagonist; they are more tragic monsters that need to be put down for their own sake and for the sake of the world. When Sirens surface, they are aware of the world in real time and the world in The Deluge; they are able to distinctly see and understand the two worlds as being separate entities. With Banshees, they see the world as both reality and The Deluge simultaneously. They see skyscrapers and restaurants as monuments of an old civilization shattered by water pressure. They see the sun blocked out by the sea, the light bouncing back and forth along the ripples of the waves. They see the drowned, bloated corpses of the people they used to know standing in front of them and talking about the new baby. In terms of game mechanics, Banshees have a Lucidity of N/A. While a Siren can reach Lucidity 0, she doesn't become a Banshee. More-likely, we could work in Lucidity 0 Sirens as those who follow Echidna. Banshees have a Lucidity of N/A because, unlike Lucidity 0 Sirens, Banshees cannot aspire to see the world beyond it being a state of gestalt horror. Lucidity 0 Sirens still see the world, though under a different light. The blending of the two worlds places the Banshees in a state of pure torment in which they can do nothing but feel horror. Their Akashic Record is also N/A, as they are always connected to The Deluge

        The only way that Banshees are able to feel any sort of respite from this pain is to steal away Pneuma. However, there are a few issues with this. Because Banshees were never able to surface, they do not have a favored Water, so they cannot regain Pneuma from being submerged in water. They are only able to gain Pneuma by stealing it away from mortals. This is usually done via force, literally taking the air out of a human's lungs through a kiss of death or straight-out murdering the human. Some Banshees attempt to go about this in a subtle manner, sneaking into homes and stealing the life from the sleeping mortals. Others are more explicit, appearing as ghostly apparitions and leading unsuspecting humans to an early death. If the Banshee is lucky, they'll be able to rest for the week. If the Banshee is not, it means another day of suffering.

        Banshees are also locked in a perpetual Trace, seeing the paths and actions that have lead to certain events. This Trace bleeds the Banshees of their Pneuma, which is why they hunger for the life force. Banshees suffer from a specialized version of Maelstrom where, instead of wanting to destroy things that mock their suffering, they feel temporary release when they are able to push them into motion. Their Trace allows them to see things that matter to humanity, things that are deemed important and are in contact with humans on a daily basis. By being an agent of destruction, Banshees are able to mitigate their pain, even for a slight instant.

        I feel that Banshees also have access to one Opus. There is no Introduction or Conclusion. Banshees are constantly howling the raw, primal force of the Opus, affecting the world through sheer power. The sudden drought that has been popping up in a single country? A Banshee invoking [Light]. A group of business people wandering into the middle of a busy street. A Banshee invoking [Human]. They are invoking a single Opus without an Introduction or Conclusion, allowing it to flow wildly and affect whatever comes near. If a Siren wants to invoke the same Opus that the Banshee is, the two Verses become locked into a Concerto Grosso. Once we solidify the rules for Concerto Grosso, the Banshees will probably have a slightly modified version considering that Banshees do not use a traditional Verse.

        So yeah. Banshees. Tragic creatures that need to be put down. While Echidnal Sirens and the Flensers are meant to be counterparts and foils and the Vodianoi are meant to be a dark mirror to the Sirens, Banshees are a dark reminder of The Deluge and what the Sirens are attempting to stop.

        Comment


        • I wonder if vampires would be weary of Sirens simply because they steal breath like strix.


          Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

          Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
            So yeah. Banshees. Tragic creatures that need to be put down. While Echidnal Sirens and the Flensers are meant to be counterparts and foils and the Vodianoi are meant to be a dark mirror to the Sirens, Banshees are a dark reminder of The Deluge and what the Sirens are attempting to stop.
            I see. This is nice. Which reminds me, I imagine that one way to regain Breath is to indulge in human contact as much as nature contact? Like how we have a way for them to regain from nature (bathing in waters befitting their Water), but not one dealing with them in relationship to humans.

            I would say as a rule, perhaps when Sirens indulge in their connections to humanity also give them Pneuma. More specifically, when they indulge in some form of love. Platonic, Romantic, Familial or even Unconditional Love. The type doesn't matter, so long as the Siren is deeply in love with the person. Interacting with this love gives them Pneuma. Perhaps for the sake of this next idea, Sirens can get Pneuma when they see others interacting in a deep seated love? So long as it fits in one of the four types mentioned above.

            Another idea I had is for the Siren Subsplat of the Breathless. We talked about them being used as lures for Sirens to draw people to themselves or the like? I sort of imagined that The Breathless were people who surfaced in the Deluge without hearing the Song at all. Maybe they didn't pay heed to it, maybe they focused more on reaching the surface. Either way, when they surface their condition is noticable to people, even unconsciously. For they draw the same reactions to themselves that a person who nearly drowned at the beach receives. Some people are bystanders who simply hope the person is ok. Some people are more than bystanders, who decide to try and help the Breathless if they have any trouble. Some are Lifeguards, keeping constant watch over the Breathless until everything is ok. The Breathless, whether they like it or not, draw the attentions of other people to themselves for good or ill and make it easier to love them for a time as long as they're "Suffering". And of course, they make perfect "Lures" for Sirens to draw Pneuma from other people.


            Currently Doing: Siren the Drowning (Fansplat Ressurection) http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-resurrection

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
              Integrity Equivalent. Lucidity
              Power Stat: Akashic Record
              Juice Stat: Pneuma
              Frenzy-Effect: Maelstrom
              Virtue and Vice: Shore and Sea
              X-Axis: Waters, ranging from Polaria, Tropicana, Gardenia, Vaporia, Freshwater (I'm going to not touch on this one as I assume people are tired of me going on about terms), and Discordia
              Y-Axis: Currents, with the normal ones being Conflict, Harmony, Healing, Wisdom, and Buoyancy. The Abyssal Currents are Dark Secrets, Primordial Darkness, Mankind's Victory, Dark Passions, and the Void
              Z-Axis?: I presume that this is on the backburner for now, but Depths?
              Abilities: Verses are the "channeling", spell-like abilities while Alterations are the passive, physical-like abilities

              Enemies: Echidnal Sirens who follow Echidna's mindset, the Vodianoi who are Echidna's creations, the Banshees who are Siren-like creatures that did not surface in The Deluge, and the Flensers who hunt Sirens for their longevity-properties
              ​So, what's our next step?

              Comment



              • So, I'm at class and the homework was to make something very quick. I did this, S:tD "Logo". Wanted to show you guys. I'm not the best logo designer, but i'm putting some effort in it. For a quick, 15 minutes thing, it was the best I could do.

                First I wanted it tobe grey, as he Sirens are mediators and tend to be "Grey". Also wanted the font to look like a foreign language, hence the dots,

                Sorry for double posting, anyway.

                Siren Logo

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Yads Dom View Post
                  So, I'm at class and the homework was to make something very quick. I did this, S:tD "Logo". Wanted to show you guys. I'm not the best logo designer, but i'm putting some effort in it. For a quick, 15 minutes thing, it was the best I could do.

                  First I wanted it tobe grey, as he Sirens are mediators and tend to be "Grey". Also wanted the font to look like a foreign language, hence the dots,

                  Sorry for double posting, anyway.

                  Siren Logo

                  Holy crap this is good. Yes, it would look good for the logo and it's ok when it comes to double posting.

                  Our next step? I believe that we should at least cover how Sirens regain Pnuema, the benefits and drawbacks of Akashic Record and creating the general Alterations. Although I personally have a step I should be finishing up, namely the Waters. After which, Water specific Alterations can be done. Sorry for my lack of progress, Christmas happened and my inspiration is quite literally like the tides. In one moment, out the next. >>


                  Currently Doing: Siren the Drowning (Fansplat Ressurection) http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-resurrection

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SaulottheGentle View Post
                    Our next step? I believe that we should at least cover how Sirens regain Pnuema, the benefits and drawbacks of Akashic Record and creating the general Alterations. Although I personally have a step I should be finishing up, namely the Waters. After which, Water specific Alterations can be done. Sorry for my lack of progress, Christmas happened and my inspiration is quite literally like the tides. In one moment, out the next. >>
                    I see. This is nice. Which reminds me, I imagine that one way to regain Breath is to indulge in human contact as much as nature contact? Like how we have a way for them to regain from nature (bathing in waters befitting their Water), but not one dealing with them in relationship to humans.

                    I would say as a rule, perhaps when Sirens indulge in their connections to humanity also give them Pneuma. More specifically, when they indulge in some form of love. Platonic, Romantic, Familial or even Unconditional Love. The type doesn't matter, so long as the Siren is deeply in love with the person. Interacting with this love gives them Pneuma. Perhaps for the sake of this next idea, Sirens can get Pneuma when they see others interacting in a deep seated love? So long as it fits in one of the four types mentioned above.
                    I remember writing a quick snippet on Pneuma about "stealing away breath" by shocking or impressing others, but a love theme could work to connect them to humanity. I would have to point out that Sirens would have a significantly easier time regaining their Pneuma if they could regain it through proxy. Although, this could play into the Akashic Records, where greater forms of love are needed to gain Pneuma. A Siren at Akashic Records 1 can partake in romantic love all they want and regain Pneuma but a Siren at Akashic Records 4 or 5 need something closer than a one-night stand, as the Akashic Records demands love that will last through time.

                    As for Akashic Records, we do have some benefits as well as drawbacks. As far as mechanics go, gaining more points in Akashic Records does this:

                    1. The number of Opuses a Siren may use in a Verse goes up with Akashic Records. The strength of Verses also go up.
                    2. The number of total Alterations a Siren has goes up.
                    3. The amount of Pneuma a Siren retains and may use per turn go up. It also affects the amount of Pneuma regained when submerged in a Siren's favored Water.
                    4. Presumably, the limit on dots in Attributes and skills goes up, as it does with Blood Potency and Primal Urge.
                    5. The range in which a Siren can sense another Siren or Banshee goes up.

                    6. The time limit to resist Maelstrom goes down, which is bad, meaning that a Siren with high Akashic Records would succumb to the Deep End Condition faster.
                    7. It changes the strength of love a Siren must feel in order to regain Pneuma from mortals. Presumably, it goes Romantic/Erotic -> Platonic/Friendship -> Familial/Companionship -> Unconditional/Charity/God-like love.
                    8. I feel that it should also affect how much Water a Siren needs to regain Pneuma. I feel like it should go about 1 liter per point of Akashic Records for 1 Pneuma. So a Siren at Akashic Records 4-5 would need 4-5 liters of their favored water to regain 1 point of Pneuma.
                    9. The range that allows a Siren to sense other Sirens and Banshees also reaches out to Flensers. Because the Flensers are not connected to The Deluge or The Song, Sirens cannot sense them. However, because Flensers have consumed the flesh of Sirens, the Flensers are able to somewhat sense The Song within the Sirens.


                    Another idea I had is for the Siren Subsplat of the Breathless. We talked about them being used as lures for Sirens to draw people to themselves or the like? I sort of imagined that The Breathless were people who surfaced in the Deluge without hearing the Song at all. Maybe they didn't pay heed to it, maybe they focused more on reaching the surface. Either way, when they surface their condition is noticable to people, even unconsciously. For they draw the same reactions to themselves that a person who nearly drowned at the beach receives. Some people are bystanders who simply hope the person is ok. Some people are more than bystanders, who decide to try and help the Breathless if they have any trouble. Some are Lifeguards, keeping constant watch over the Breathless until everything is ok. The Breathless, whether they like it or not, draw the attentions of other people to themselves for good or ill and make it easier to love them for a time as long as they're "Suffering". And of course, they make perfect "Lures" for Sirens to draw Pneuma from other people.
                    This sounds very interesting, especially considering that with social media sites and the news reporting things that could bring attention, the Breathless could show up anywhere. It would also be interesting to have as a dichotomy, showing how more humans would care about the life of a Breathless than their actions in their own life causing events for the Siren to solve.

                    ​
                    Originally posted by Yads Dom View Post
                    So, I'm at class and the homework was to make something very quick. I did this, S:tD "Logo". Wanted to show you guys. I'm not the best logo designer, but i'm putting some effort in it. For a quick, 15 minutes thing, it was the best I could do.

                    First I wanted it tobe grey, as he Sirens are mediators and tend to be "Grey". Also wanted the font to look like a foreign language, hence the dots,

                    Sorry for double posting, anyway.

                    Siren Logo
                    That is pretty. Is that a font or is it your own handiwork?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      I remember writing a quick snippet on Pneuma about "stealing away breath" by shocking or impressing others, but a love theme could work to connect them to humanity. I would have to point out that Sirens would have a significantly easier time regaining their Pneuma if they could regain it through proxy. Although, this could play into the Akashic Records, where greater forms of love are needed to gain Pneuma. A Siren at Akashic Records 1 can partake in romantic love all they want and regain Pneuma but a Siren at Akashic Records 4 or 5 need something closer than a one-night stand, as the Akashic Records demands love that will last through time.
                      I'm voting for this, if only to make it more of its own thing and less of "Demon: The Fallen with mermaids."

                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      1. The number of Opuses a Siren may use in a Verse goes up with Akashic Records. The strength of Verses also go up.
                      In what way does it get stronger? Is it a raise in effects or are we simply counting more dices the more AR you have?
                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      2. The number of total Alterations a Siren has goes up.
                      I approve of this.
                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      3. The amount of Pneuma a Siren retains and may use per turn go up. It also affects the amount of Pneuma regained when submerged in a Siren's favored Water.
                      I'm also liking this; I vote for!
                      4. Presumably, the limit on dots in Attributes and skills goes up, as it does with Blood Potency and Primal Urge.[/QUOTE]
                      Ayup.
                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      5. The range in which a Siren can sense another Siren or Banshee goes up.
                      And remember Highlander; there can be only one! On a more serious notion it does bring it a little close to the supernatural awareness of DtF on a more limited scale, but I'm still okay with how this is so far.
                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      6. The time limit to resist Maelstrom goes down, which is bad, meaning that a Siren with high Akashic Records would succumb to the Deep End Condition faster.
                      Seems legit.
                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      7. It changes the strength of love a Siren must feel in order to regain Pneuma from mortals. Presumably, it goes Romantic/Erotic -> Platonic/Friendship -> Familial/Companionship -> Unconditional/Charity/God-like love.
                      Me gusta. I'm adding so much here
                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      8. I feel that it should also affect how much Water a Siren needs to regain Pneuma. I feel like it should go about 1 liter per point of Akashic Records for 1 Pneuma. So a Siren at Akashic Records 4-5 would need 4-5 liters of their favored water to regain 1 point of Pneuma.
                      Nice touch; this should be done!
                      Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                      9. The range that allows a Siren to sense other Sirens and Banshees also reaches out to Flensers. Because the Flensers are not connected to The Deluge or The Song, Sirens cannot sense them. However, because Flensers have consumed the flesh of Sirens, the Flensers are able to somewhat sense The Song within the Sirens.
                      Why not put this on 5 or make a Verse or so to increase the effect to this instead?

                      On another note the Breathless are interesting though I slightly wonder what it is about them that draws other people in. I also slightly worry if the description of how they're made doesn't risk them being too common-place, but I have a feeling I don't have a strong grasp on how Sirens themselves are made beyond drowning in some alternate reality or whatever. Sufficed to say, I'm all for adding them in with a small bit of tweaking as I feel they are interesting and could add a share to the overall game.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Karavolos View Post

                        I'm voting for this, if only to make it more of its own thing and less of "Demon: The Fallen with mermaids."

                        [...]

                        And remember Highlander; there can be only one! On a more serious notion it does bring it a little close to the supernatural awareness of DtF on a more limited scale, but I'm still okay with how this is so far.
                        Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with Demon: the Fallen. What aspects made Siren similar?


                        In what way does it get stronger? Is it a raise in effects or are we simply counting more dices the more AR you have?
                        The current dice pool for Verses is Akashic Records + Attribute based on Conclusion, so more AR adds dice.

                        Why not put this on 5 or make a Verse or so to increase the effect to this instead?
                        Mainly for formatting purposes. Examples 1-5 are meant to be more beneficial the greater it goes up while examples 6-9 are supposed to be more detrimental. Flensers are...not exactly the nicest people towards Sirens.

                        On another note the Breathless are interesting though I slightly wonder what it is about them that draws other people in. I also slightly worry if the description of how they're made doesn't risk them being too common-place, but I have a feeling I don't have a strong grasp on how Sirens themselves are made beyond drowning in some alternate reality or whatever. Sufficed to say, I'm all for adding them in with a small bit of tweaking as I feel they are interesting and could add a share to the overall game.
                        Basically, the formula that creates a Siren is Survive Drowning + Hearing The Song = Rebirth as a Siren with your knowledge of The Deluge reality.

                        Surviving Drowning - Hearing The Song = Rebirth as a Breathless, who are walking Attention Black Holes, effectively. Some don't come out all too fine, leaving them catatonic and protected by a legion of sympathizers. Those who aren't are plagued by tragedy and suffering through their life, drawing in the attention of others who are enraptured by the Breathless's life. The Breathless find this existence to be increasingly disturbing as they are unable to get a moment of peace without someone calling to the Breathless and attempting to "save" them. There are a few Breathless who managed to use their ability to get attention to their benefit, becoming minor celebrities or humanitarians, but most Breathless are either smothered with their attention or realize that, because they are so beloved and sympathetic, they are able to get away with anything.

                        Hearing The Song - Surviving Drowning = Rebirth as a Banshee, who are forced to see both The Deluge reality and this reality simultaneously. The tl;dr version is that Banshees are in perpetual torment and only experience release by stealing Pneuma, either through manipulation or straight-up murder.

                        Comment


                        • Made a few changes in the Logo, making it more Dark and Edgy. Oh, Reaper, it's actually a Font that I had in a pack for long (funny that the name is Siren Script N3)

                          ​SIren Logo - Test

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Yads Dom View Post
                            Made a few changes in the Logo, making it more Dark and Edgy. Oh, Reaper, it's actually a Font that I had in a pack for long (funny that the name is Siren Script N3)

                            ​SIren Logo - Test

                            How fitting. :V On a side note, I like how the N at the end of "Siren" is basically a Bass clef with the dots.

                            Comment


                            • Exactly what I wanted :P Something Musical-ish and Foreign.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                                Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with Demon: the Fallen. What aspects made Siren similar?
                                Off the top of my head let's see.
                                Aquatic Form <> Apocalyptic Form
                                Verses and Lores aren't too different from one another in terms of how they're described.
                                The whole Sirens having a harder time to hide the more they indulge their supernatural life is very in line with Revelation: the more Demons use their Lores the harder it becomes for them to maintain the facade of humanity.
                                Being the last oWoD line they also had that looming apocalypse over the horizon with Gehenna just around the corner which goes in line with the Deluge if in a different shape.

                                That's about what I can think of for the moment.

                                Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                                The current dice pool for Verses is Akashic Records + Attribute based on Conclusion, so more AR adds dice.
                                Gotcha.

                                Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                                Mainly for formatting purposes. Examples 1-5 are meant to be more beneficial the greater it goes up while examples 6-9 are supposed to be more detrimental. Flensers are...not exactly the nicest people towards Sirens.
                                Righto.

                                Originally posted by Reaper Verse View Post
                                Basically, the formula that creates a Siren is Survive Drowning + Hearing The Song = Rebirth as a Siren with your knowledge of The Deluge reality.

                                Surviving Drowning - Hearing The Song = Rebirth as a Breathless, who are walking Attention Black Holes, effectively. Some don't come out all too fine, leaving them catatonic and protected by a legion of sympathizers. Those who aren't are plagued by tragedy and suffering through their life, drawing in the attention of others who are enraptured by the Breathless's life. The Breathless find this existence to be increasingly disturbing as they are unable to get a moment of peace without someone calling to the Breathless and attempting to "save" them. There are a few Breathless who managed to use their ability to get attention to their benefit, becoming minor celebrities or humanitarians, but most Breathless are either smothered with their attention or realize that, because they are so beloved and sympathetic, they are able to get away with anything.

                                Hearing The Song - Surviving Drowning = Rebirth as a Banshee, who are forced to see both The Deluge reality and this reality simultaneously. The tl;dr version is that Banshees are in perpetual torment and only experience release by stealing Pneuma, either through manipulation or straight-up murder.
                                Nice; I'm sold.
                                Last edited by Karavolos; 12-27-2015, 12:43 AM. Reason: Missed a word.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎