No announcement yet.

[Minor "Template"] The Spike Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just as an aside, I daresay that not many people are going to accept having a nail driven into their crotch, regardless of the benefits.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

So, I'm guessing it still hurts, even if it does no damage. Does giving the guy anesthetic before the procedure give penalties?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Wow o.O , this is really out there - Spike men huh. It's an interesting concept nonetheless. Like many people have spoken above - It's a really creepy concept that goes beyond just a falsified form of life - the idea of a man being filled with tons of nails and that as the nails get removed; so does their various benefits. I like it - I may use it for a one off NPC antagonist or some sort . Good work Amechra .

Originally posted by amechra View Post
        And just as an aside, I daresay that not many people are going to accept having a nail driven into their crotch, regardless of the benefits.
        But...But...What are the benefits ...

Edit:
        Oh god I just saw the benefits. I mean... I think if you were knocked out and you wouldn't feel a thing...maybe it's worth it :P .
        Last edited by Volke; 04-29-2017, 05:16 PM. Reason: Oh god O.O

Comment

Anaesthetic during the ritual is fine - I leave whether or not it would work on the ongoing pain up to individual groups, It really depends on whether you want them to popping Vicodin like Dr. House or not. I mean, nailing the Liver would probably lead you to be immune to them anyway.

And who said anything about antagonists? Give them a friend who'd be oh-so-pretty if it weren't for the nails marking a triangle on their face. Or a socialite with a big ol' iron tongue piercing who's really good at convincing people - a useful person to hang out with, I'd think.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by amechra View Post
            - I leave whether or not it would work on the ongoing pain up to individual groups,
            Stupid question, but why would it be chronically painful, exactly? It would be just a big piercing with a metal filling molded to it exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Stupid question, but why would it be chronically painful, exactly? It would be just a big piercing with a metal filling molded to it exactly
              It's a cost of the magic - it's like how Vampires need to drink blood.

Because the reality is that those nails would ultimately be rejected by the body otherwise - like splinters on a larger scale.

Comment

The reason piercings don't hurt (except for all the times they do) is because the body heals around them. Generally the body doesn't heal good around foreign objects so piercings are designed to irritate the body as little as possible to have the body start healing properly. The only time a large piercing won't fuck your body up is if you've stretched the pierced hole over time.
                Piercings can be relatively pain free, but there's a science behind it and with bad luck even properly taken and maintained piercings can become chronically inflamed and refuse to fully heal unless you remove it.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
                Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Woops, forgot the universal effects. thats why I asked why it would hurt

Comment

Is it -1 no matter how many nails you have? Or -1 per nail?

Comment

Originally posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
                      Well, that is creepy as hell. The minimalistic presentation doesn't hurt it at all, honestly.
                      Yeah, its like some kind of creepy folk magic, I like it.

Comment

Is it -1 no matter how many nails you have? Or -1 per nail?
                        -1, total.

Comment

Working...
                        X