X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amechra
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    Is it -1 no matter how many nails you have? Or -1 per nail?
    -1, total.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Well, that is creepy as hell. The minimalistic presentation doesn't hurt it at all, honestly.
    Yeah, its like some kind of creepy folk magic, I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Is it -1 no matter how many nails you have? Or -1 per nail?

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Woops, forgot the universal effects. thats why I asked why it would hurt

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Stupid question, but why would it be chronically painful, exactly? It would be just a big piercing with a metal filling molded to it exactly
    The reason piercings don't hurt (except for all the times they do) is because the body heals around them. Generally the body doesn't heal good around foreign objects so piercings are designed to irritate the body as little as possible to have the body start healing properly. The only time a large piercing won't fuck your body up is if you've stretched the pierced hole over time.
    Piercings can be relatively pain free, but there's a science behind it and with bad luck even properly taken and maintained piercings can become chronically inflamed and refuse to fully heal unless you remove it.

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied

Stupid question, but why would it be chronically painful, exactly? It would be just a big piercing with a metal filling molded to it exactly
    It's a cost of the magic - it's like how Vampires need to drink blood.

Because the reality is that those nails would ultimately be rejected by the body otherwise - like splinters on a larger scale.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by amechra View Post
    - I leave whether or not it would work on the ongoing pain up to individual groups,

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Anaesthetic during the ritual is fine - I leave whether or not it would work on the ongoing pain up to individual groups, It really depends on whether you want them to popping Vicodin like Dr. House or not. I mean, nailing the Liver would probably lead you to be immune to them anyway.

And who said anything about antagonists? Give them a friend who'd be oh-so-pretty if it weren't for the nails marking a triangle on their face. Or a socialite with a big ol' iron tongue piercing who's really good at convincing people - a useful person to hang out with, I'd think.

Leave a comment:

• Volke
    replied
    Wow o.O , this is really out there - Spike men huh. It's an interesting concept nonetheless. Like many people have spoken above - It's a really creepy concept that goes beyond just a falsified form of life - the idea of a man being filled with tons of nails and that as the nails get removed; so does their various benefits. I like it - I may use it for a one off NPC antagonist or some sort . Good work Amechra .

Originally posted by amechra View Post
    And just as an aside, I daresay that not many people are going to accept having a nail driven into their crotch, regardless of the benefits.
    But...But...What are the benefits ...

Edit:
    Oh god I just saw the benefits. I mean... I think if you were knocked out and you wouldn't feel a thing...maybe it's worth it :P .
    Last edited by Volke; 04-29-2017, 05:16 PM. Reason: Oh god O.O

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    So, I'm guessing it still hurts, even if it does no damage. Does giving the guy anesthetic before the procedure give penalties?

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    And just as an aside, I daresay that not many people are going to accept having a nail driven into their crotch, regardless of the benefits.

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Here's some more body parts:

The Forehead
    Placement: Driving a nail through the forehead as a makeshift third eye allows you to see, hear, and taste Goetia in Twilight. In addition, you gain two additional Successes on any successful roll made to bind, ward against, or abjure Goetia.
    Removal: Removing the nail renders you incapable of binding, warding against, or abjuring Goetia, and renders you Open to any Goetia you would normally be Resonant with.

The Groin
    Placement: Placing a nail through your groin renders you sterile, prevents you from menstruating (if your body happens to do that), and renders you immune to anything that would use beauty or sex appeal to manipulate you, regardless of whether or not it is mundane or supernatural.
    Removal: Removing the nail castrates you. You're still entirely sterile, and the continually bleeding wound is a major turn-off.

The Spine
    Placement: Placing a nail at the point where your neck meets your back makes you immune to the Paralyzed and Numbed tilts.
    Removal: Removing the nail from your spine inflicts the Paralyzed (Moderate) and Numbed tilts.

=---=

If you don't have Mage 2e, replace Goetia with Spirits for the purposes of The Forehead.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Neat, the Underburbs? I'll have to check it out.

I figure the Spike Men are usually more orderly about their nails than the Hammer I posted, but to be fair he didn't really do it to himself.

Really enjoying the new microtemplate concept, and this is definitely a good one.

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Damn, the first thing I thought of when you said The Hammer was:

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    I like it, reminds me of the Hammer, with a bit of the Skoptsy sect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X