This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horodrigo View Post
    How much time can a Huntsmen stay on the living world before deteriorating and need to kill again to become another person?
    I assume this question is about the unpublished second edition of Changeling developed by Olivia Hill. Note that the Changeling 2e book ultimately published by Onyx Path is a different manuscript with different developers and different mechanics, and while it retains a concept of Huntsmen, the published book's Huntsmen do not need to kill to acclimate to the material realm.

Strictly speaking of the Olivia Hill manuscript, a Huntsman can remain in the material realm indefinitely as long as they have unspent Yearning. Killing has nothing to do with becoming another person; rather, a Huntsman between hunts forgets in its formless rest the nature of the material realm, and when a new hunt begins it enters the material realm alien and unfamiliar with basic reality until it glimpses the fear in a pair of dying eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post

I assume this question is about the unpublished second edition of Changeling developed by Olivia Hill. Note that the Changeling 2e book ultimately published by Onyx Path is a different manuscript with different developers and different mechanics, and while it retains a concept of Huntsmen, the published book's Huntsmen do not need to kill to acclimate to the material realm.
      Sorry, I may have read the manuscript and after my reading of Broken Things by Lawerence Hawkins on the Anthology I screambled the information. But strictly speaking about the 2nd edition:
      If they use the same rules as Hobgoblins, they get the deprived condition, or just no condition at all?

Homebrews:
      Vampire Homebrews
      Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Comment

• Huntsmen in the published book also can remain in the material realm indefinitely.
        Originally posted by Changeling: the Lost Second Edition, p. 265
        A Huntsman can stay in the mortal world as long as they like and suffer no ill effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
          Huntsmen in the published book also can remain in the material realm indefinitely.
          As long as their heart is in a mortal Bastion, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
            As long as their heart is in a mortal Bastion, right?
            Any time. Their heart being squirreled away in a mortal Bastion means it's in a place that vanishes and reappears in a different place every night on top of being the one thing their tracking prowess can't help them find, which is the main thing keeping their priorities firmly aligned with the Keeper's, which in turn are usually priorities located in the mortal world. They pre-date Faerie and the Hedge, and are not bound to either in the way that the fae are.

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
              Any time. Their heart being squirreled away in a mortal Bastion means it's in a place that vanishes and reappears in a different place every night on top of being the one thing their tracking prowess can't help them find, which is the main thing keeping their priorities firmly aligned with the Keeper's, which in turn are usually priorities located in the mortal world. They pre-date Faerie and the Hedge, and are not bound to either in the way that the fae are.
              Then, "This is their secret: to anchor them and allow them to manifest fully in the mortal world as creatures of Wyrd and flesh, the True Fae must hide the heart of a Huntsman within a Bastion. "
              What does mean exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                Then, "This is their secret: to anchor them and allow them to manifest fully in the mortal world as creatures of Wyrd and flesh, the True Fae must hide the heart of a Huntsman within a Bastion. "
                What does mean exactly?
                What it sounds like: the Huntsman can manifest fully in the mortal world as a creature of Wyrd and flesh.

The Dreaming Roads are older than the Hedge, and the things normally found there are not material beings. A Huntsman who has not been made an instrument of one of the Fae is an inhabitant of a seemingly empty stage from before the Gentry's arrival — "air and darkness assuming thought and form by will or whim."

The Strangers make the verderers into the things that pursue changelings by twisting the rules that they keep to; they're creatures of the primeval principles of pursuit, which means they could notionally show up anywhere, but in the material world there is a separation between solidity and imagination that the Fae need to bridge if they want their elite agent to be able to physically bring their quarry all the way home.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Does Changeling have any way to deal with Blood Bonds from Kindred?

Homebrews:
                  Vampire Homebrews
                  Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Comment

• Originally posted by Horodrigo View Post
                    Does Changeling have any way to deal with Blood Bonds from Kindred?
                    I think that they can use Wyrd instead of Blood potency to resistit.
                    Once full bonded, probably a Goblin deal or a complex Hedgespinning could remove it

Comment

• Is anything stopping a Huntsman from transforming and then covering up their tell naturally? Like one who always has a "red right hand" transforming into a human with a bloody right hand, then covering it in a thick cast and saying they broke their arm. Would the Wyrd make their Tell manifest in another way?

And now that we have the Moon Freehold, am I missing something in the book or would they have fragile Clarity from the difficulty of interacting with mortals? Is that not as core to Clarity as I think it is anymore?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                        And now that we have the Moon Freehold, am I missing something in the book or would they have fragile Clarity from the difficulty of interacting with mortals? Is that not as core to Clarity as I think it is anymore?
                        Unlike vampires and Humanity, changelings count as mortals for the purposes of maintaining Clarity through social contact.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• How is it determined which Seeming Benefits Hobgoblins recieve? Is it just whatever the ST deems appropriate, since they 100% NPC material?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

How is it determined which Seeming Benefits Hobgoblins recieve? Is it just whatever the ST deems appropriate, since they 100% NPC material?
                            I'd default to not giving them any, using ST discretion to allow them benefits that specifically feel very appropriate for that hobgoblin's nature.

Comment

How is it determined which Seeming Benefits Hobgoblins recieve? Is it just whatever the ST deems appropriate, since they 100% NPC material?

As far as I know, it's completely up to the ST. When I make hobgoblins, I give them the Seeming benefits for Contracts that most fit my conception of the Hobgoblin -- If I'm building a Hedge Beast, I might use a mix of Ogre and Beast Contract benefits, rather than sticking to a single Seeming. If I want to give them the overall Seeming benefit (the Ogre's ability to inflict Beat Down with any damage it deals, for instance), I'll use a Dread Power for it.

When the cat's a Stray, the mice will pray...

Comment

Are they supposed to have Seeming benefits? Can't find any mention of it on pages 252-253 so I'd just assume they wouldn't have any. Unless, of course, they've somehow managed to bargain for them.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
                                Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
                                X