Kith & Kin Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kith & Kin Discussion Thread

Kinda surprised no one started a conversation thread on this yet, considering it has CHANGELINGS! IN! SPACE!

To be fair, probably still reading it.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Kinda surprised no one started a conversation thread on this yet, considering it has CHANGELINGS! IN! SPACE!

To be fair, probably still reading it.
    Who? What ? Space?
    Has it been published yet?

Comment

Changeling 2E backers got their copies yesterday.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

HOLY FUCK!

Comment

It's quite a packed book. Still digesting, finding myself jumping back and forth between sections, reading out of order, seeing what grabs me, what's going to take some time to settle in.

Dramaturgy as a general principle is very intriguing. The possibilities it suggests are tantalizing, not just what's presented with Loopholes and Icons and Goblin Debt and Galoshins, but what's left beneath the surface unspoken. I think I can work with this, yes.

Furrowing my eyebrows a bit at the Shadowsoul and Telluric Blessings. Maybe I just don't Get It yet.

Comment

I love the ideas in the book, but I have to admit I'm disappointed by the slipshod editing. Seems like every section I look at has some kind of typo, and even the parts that are technically correct are hard to comprehend and don't contain all the information I want. The literal years that it spent in editing and post-editing development really don't show.

Comment

For some reason, I had assumed it was just going to be a listing of lots of different kiths. No idea why I thought it'd be so staid. So I was extremely not prepared when I read the chapter summary and realized just how cool the book was going to be and my brain broke right there, so all I've managed to do so far is read the intro and parts of the TOC.

Tonight... tonight may also be a bad night to read it. Heat wave may have fried my brain. But the PDF is downloaded and open in a tab and will stay there until I've worked my way through. (The intro fiction is a delight, too.)

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
              An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
              Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Considering that i ll buy it in the exact moment that it will be published, and that one of my player is impatient of acquiring his kith, may i ask if in the new kiths there is something akin to a Bard/Storyteller/Musician ?

Comment

The new Kiths are a mixed bag. Some are very powerful, like the mentioned Shadowsouls who got buffed from their already very strong 1e version, Asclepians, who can, among other things, raise the dead or the Cloakskins who get invisiblity and a strange +1 bonus on all social rolls. Others are rather weak and situational.
                  I prefer the descriptive names of Kiths to the Greek and Latin ones as they feel more whimsical and less scientific. And Spiegelbild is just mirror image in German.

@Neos01: There are the Artists and Nightsingers in the core book.

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                    Considering that i ll buy it in the exact moment that it will be published, and that one of my player is impatient of acquiring his kith, may i ask if in the new kiths there is something akin to a Bard/Storyteller/Musician ?
                    Yep, look out for the Bricoleur on page 98.

Comment

Originally posted by gscrap View Post
                      Yep, look out for the Bricoleur on page 98.
                      Oh, thanks, i will look for it when the book will be published

Comment

Does the book have anything like fae blooded or something like Lost Boys/Lost Girls(children trapped in ternal childhood)?

Are the fae touched explored further?

Comment

Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
                          It's quite a packed book. Still digesting, finding myself jumping back and forth between sections, reading out of order, seeing what grabs me, what's going to take some time to settle in.

Dramaturgy as a general principle is very intriguing. The possibilities it suggests are tantalizing, not just what's presented with Loopholes and Icons and Goblin Debt and Galoshins, but what's left beneath the surface unspoken. I think I can work with this, yes.

Furrowing my eyebrows a bit at the Shadowsoul and Telluric Blessings. Maybe I just don't Get It yet.

I am curious as to how the Shadow Soul and Telluric blessings have been rebooted.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post

I am curious as to how the Shadow Soul and Telluric blessings have been rebooted.
                            Shadowsouls: +Wyrd on Subterfuge (instead of Intimidate), 8 again on Subterfuge (instead of 9 again), Mirror Regalia as affinity instead of Contracts of Darkness. Once per scene they can inflict Blindness for the rest of the scene on the target of an exceptional attack (this one is new).

Telluric: 3 successes for exceptional on chases where they can see the stars. The ability to throw a Damage 1 fireball for 1 Glamour.

There's a new Kith with timing based abilities called Climacteric.

Comment

Originally posted by jadeite View Post

Shadowsouls: +Wyrd on Subterfuge (instead of Intimidate), 8 again on Subterfuge (instead of 9 again), Mirror Regalia as affinity instead of Contracts of Darkness. Once per scene they can inflict Blindness for the rest of the scene on the target of an exceptional attack (this one is new).

Telluric: 3 successes for exceptional on chases where they can see the stars. The ability to throw a Damage 1 fireball for 1 Glamour.

There's a new Kith with timing based abilities called Climacteric.

What is the Climacteric blessing?

Comment

Working...
                              X