Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMC Changeling

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GMC Changeling

    So I'm going to be beginning a mixed campaign, and I was wondering how others have included the GMC update to your changeling games?
    Has anyone gone through and made a 'fix' for it?

  • #2
    I would especially be interested in the EXP costs for Changeling.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here's a chart that I came across, and have brought into the mix for a GMC CtL game.
      Merit: 1 Experience per dot
      Skill Specialty: 1 Experience
      Skill: 2 Experiences per dot
      Attribute: 4 Experiences per dot
      Goblin Contract: 2 Experiences per dot
      Affinity Contract: 3 Experiences per dot
      Non-Affinity Contract: 4 Experiences per dot
      Wyrd: 5 Experiences per dot
      Clarity: 3 Experiences per dot
      Willpower: 1 Experience per dot

      Comment


      • #4
        Not yet, but I think the "breaking points" mechanic could improve the game experience quite a bit. Instead of asking questions about a character's morality, one would ask questions about how they maintain their sanity and their distinction between what is earthly and what is fae.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
          Not yet, but I think the "breaking points" mechanic could improve the game experience quite a bit. Instead of asking questions about a character's morality, one would ask questions about how they maintain their sanity and their distinction between what is earthly and what is fae.
          Yup. most people use a modded Integrity as Clarity - add questions about their durance and fetch. and you're basically there.


          Onyx Path Freelancer: Demon Storyteller's Guide, Dark Eras, Night Horrors: Enemy Action
          Storyteller's Guide Extra Material
          After the Fall: Bonus Material

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks guys. really helpful, any ideas on on how to add the modded integrity?

            Comment


            • #7
              Uhm, I think i would use the normal integrity system, changing the questions.

              Some ideas:

              "Which one was the worst thing your Keeper did to you?"

              "Which one is the most important memory you have of the mortal world?"

              "What did your keeper stole from you?"

              "Why you don't fit anymore in your old life?"

              "Why you escaped from Arcadia?"

              "What does -home- means to you? "

              Comment


              • #8
                So i was looking at the price cost and wouldn't it make more sense to have

                Goblin Contract: 1 Experiences per dot
                Affinity Contract: 2 Experiences per dot
                Non-Affinity Contract: 3 Experiences per dot

                My rational is that the cost should be lowered by one experience per dot each because as seen by Dave in the GMC of mage, the costs for ruling, common, and inferior arcanum are 3 4 and 5 respectively.

                Changeling has always had cheaper costs for their affinity and non-affinity contracts than other supernaturals have for their respective magical abilities.

                Just looking for feedback on this logic.

                Comment


                • #9
                  As a shout-out, Clarity should be 2xp. Humanity is 2xp, so one would assume.


                  My Promethean Homebrew.

                  Yes, I made it the same way as a Promethean. No, the authorities haven't found me yet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ben Quo View Post
                    As a shout-out, Clarity should be 2xp. Humanity is 2xp, so one would assume.
                    Given that Humanity's expected to be able to fluctuate more wildly than Integrity, I certainly wouldn't mind Clarity being similarly inexpensive to raise.


                    Resident Lore-Hound
                    Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think that lessening Clarity's cost cheapens it, though, in a bad way. If you make it inexpensive, it takes away the impact.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This thread gives us a good idea: to give "flavour" to clarity by changing the conditions which may be applied after clarity rolls.

                        Between the ideas i have:

                        - Refuse to use changeling magic (-2 penality, or the storyteller may make you fail a contract roll. Or you may forego a contract roll)

                        - You convince yourself to be the character of a story (9-again to the roll in theme, -2 to all others)

                        - Arcadia calls. On the first option, you go to lose yourself in the hedge.

                        - A temporary fraility

                        - Your perception breaks. Once, the storyteller may screw up with your senses, also in a knowledge / perception roll.

                        - You forgot something about your life pre - kidnapping (the storyteller may introduce the element retroactively, only for critical failure)s


                        http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/27026-stopgap-werewolf-the-forsaken-gmc-conversion
                        Last edited by Baroqo; 12-10-2013, 06:09 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wrequis View Post
                          So i was looking at the price cost and wouldn't it make more sense to have

                          Goblin Contract: 1 Experiences per dot
                          Affinity Contract: 2 Experiences per dot
                          Non-Affinity Contract: 3 Experiences per dot

                          My rational is that the cost should be lowered by one experience per dot each because as seen by Dave in the GMC of mage, the costs for ruling, common, and inferior arcanum are 3 4 and 5 respectively.

                          Changeling has always had cheaper costs for their affinity and non-affinity contracts than other supernaturals have for their respective magical abilities.

                          Just looking for feedback on this logic.
                          I went with this for my Changeling game.

                          The players loved the cheaper costs of the often punitive Goblin Contracts and I thought it worked pretty well. We don't really have any crossover, but it seems to work pretty well. People are taking contracts and their associated issues as well as running with plenty of merits as per normal.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kristastic View Post
                            I think that lessening Clarity's cost cheapens it, though, in a bad way. If you make it inexpensive, it takes away the impact.
                            I disagree.
                            Especially since they lessened Humanity's cost, and I do not feel that cheapens it.
                            If you were to argue that we'd need revised and updated Clarity rules for the lower cost to "feel right," I'd agree with you.
                            That said, I'm not making supernaturals pay different costs for their sanity stats across different game lines. That way lies madness (ha).

                            I'm using 2 Experiences per entire Goblin Contract, but otherwise using those Contract costs. There was some hearty debate over this on the old forum (much like there was some hearty debate over the cost of Rotes in Mage on the old forum).


                            My Promethean Homebrew.

                            Yes, I made it the same way as a Promethean. No, the authorities haven't found me yet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Wrequis View Post
                              Thanks guys. really helpful, any ideas on on how to add the modded integrity?
                              I would replace the "What have you forgotten?" question with "What was the worst thing about your Durance?", something like that. Maybe add "what reminds you of the Fae", to cover those little things in the old Clarity.

                              (And maybe nick B&S's Touchstones, if you want to emphasize Clarity as "ties to reality".)

                              It might be worth looking into hacking Derangements and/or Banes in, somehow - they seem really thematic for Changeling too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X