X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Best to start a new thread after 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• TerrorCooper
    replied
    Me LIKEY! Still, I have a question and an idea, ready for your perusal;

Question: Are Genii able to possess two instances of their respective 'Sight' Merits, or are they limited to just one instance?

Idea: Genii are able to produce Lambdas, but only if they work with four (4) of their fellow Genii, with each member of the team being of a different Path, and all having completed their Magnum Opus.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

I meant for the lightweight version.
    Lightweight still has the same stigmatic flavour, so it still wouldn't really fit, and wouldn't adding in more mechanics sorta go against the point of it being the lightweight version?

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
    Doesn't really sound like that'd fit this flavour of genius, since they're doing it because there is a shard of god in the form of occult designs stuck in their soul that need to get out. Could add a condition to encourage/represent that though, but they already have obsession and wisdom mechanics so I'm not sure how necessary that would be.

I meant for the lightweight version.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Doesn't really sound like that'd fit this flavour of genius, since they're doing it because there is a shard of god in the form of occult designs stuck in their soul that need to get out. Could add a condition to encourage/represent that though, but they already have obsession and wisdom mechanics so I'm not sure how necessary that would be.
    Last edited by milo v3; 04-06-2017, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    I'm not sure what flavours those would be.
    Ambition/Vision, Curiosity, Pride/Glory, Revenge, Desperation, etc. What would drive a person to the extent they engage in something that would be typical "Mad Science".

Vision leading one to perfect a process for making a "better" society. Curiosity driving another toward questionable research just to know. Pride pushing another to extremes to "prove" they are right or the greatest. Revenge leading another down whatever path is necessary for their "justice".

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Thoughts on representing the "flavors of Mad Science" as Persistent Conditions, like a Demon's Agenda?
    I'm not sure what flavours those would be.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Thoughts on representing the "flavors of Mad Science" as Persistent Conditions, like a Demon's Agenda?

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied

Admonitoria-influence strikes again, eh?

So, Mage+Demon!Genius don't have any Arcana?
    No arcana. Since they never awaken to the supernal or ever reach a watch tower they don't have supernal power beyond having their souls open to more to the truth. Though that did remind me, I forgot to put the specialized mage sight merits I planned as part of the genius being "open to a path" at the start of the hybrid's section.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Added in a secondary version of Genius that is more glitch-y and can get power by experimenting on people which uses a few Mage mechanics, hopefully it's still GM-y enough.
    Admonitoria-influence strikes again, eh?

So, Mage+Demon!Genius don't have any Arcana?

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Added in a secondary version of Genius that is more glitch-y and can get power by experimenting on people which uses a few Mage mechanics, hopefully it's still GM-y enough.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    I think macgyver'ing stuff is already a merit in Demon.... Storytellers guide I think... Memories abit fuzzy on the subject.
    I think that just manipulates normal stuff, not Gadgets. In Gadget creation, it says you need to pay a Willpower Dot or else the Installation fades at the end of the scene. Problem is, Gadget creation normally takes too long to be scene relevant. If the creation time were reduced, though (such as through an optional Merit or inherent option), it would naturally tie into this rule.

Nah, Primum 0.
    The problem with that is that many Exploits use straight Primum (granted, mostly Dramatic Failure and Exceptional Success, but a few use it in the normal Success) in their effects. Primum 0 means they'd have no effect, rather than just a small one.

Added this, as well.

No, though go for it if you can convince your storyteller.
    So... maybe?

Not sure since I haven't seen that merit. Does it just create [fuel stat]?
    Yeah. Much like Suborned Infrastructure, it basically generates a periodic (daily?) supply of Mania.
    Last edited by Vent0; 06-07-2016, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Freederp92
    replied
    Yes but only so much fuel depending on investing in merit dots. If I remember right it was a heavy investment but worth it in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• milo v3
    replied
    Additionally, would importing the "Kitbashing" concept from Genius have merit (as a Merit)? Something like reducing the Installation time to per Turn (for Embeds) or per Minute (for Exploits), at some cost, plus being unable to make the Gadget permanent with Willpower (meaning it fades at the end of the Scene).
    I think macgyver'ing stuff is already a merit in Demon.... Storytellers guide I think... Memories abit fuzzy on the subject.

Does making more than 1 in 24 hours cause a Glitch?
    I don't think so, though it would attract of angels, demons and cryptids to your location.

Does the Stigmatic!Genius count as Primum 1 for any calculations?
    Nah, Primum 0.

Can the Stigmatic!Genius incorporate their Supernatural Merits into Gadgets? As Embeds or Exploits?
    No, though go for it if you can convince your storyteller.

I'm guessing they heavily trade in Stockpiles for Aether reserves, yes?
    They would definitely want a supply.

Originally posted by Freederp92 View Post
    Would it be unbalanced to convert the generator merit from Genius for this? It's just a static thing that other genii might try and steal. Requirement might be a pact with a demon, fluff might be it IS a demon to a degree. Appearance could be a generator of standard design or a bagdahd battery you have to connect too to get a flow of Aether when you build.
    Not sure since I haven't seen that merit. Does it just create [fuel stat]?

Leave a comment:

• Freederp92
    replied
    Would it be unbalanced to convert the generator merit from Genius for this? It's just a static thing that other genii might try and steal. Requirement might be a pact with a demon, fluff might be it IS a demon to a degree. Appearance could be a generator of standard design or a bagdahd battery you have to connect too to get a flow of Aether when you build.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X