Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Demon the Descent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ur-Than View Post
    Dumb question : do Demons dream ? I need to know it for a campaign going !
    They do, except for the ones that don't. By default demons are assumed to dream as part and parcel of their defecting to humanity, but some demons don't dream.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Thanks, it'll help a lot !

Comment

• I m designing an Angel with a mission of infiltrating in a Demon ring and i was wondering, what abilities does Angels lack for impersonating a Demon?
        Can they fake using Embeds?
        Can they stipulate pacts?

Comment

• As a general rule, while Angels have a lot less Agency they are created for a purpose, and in that way they very versatile. Wih that said, Demons have ways to detect angels so you will have to becareful with what you show them.

While they can't use Embeds as they appear in Demon, it's establisehd that they also know of the loopholes in reality and that they are the base for at elast some of their Numina, so yeah, you could give an Angel either Embeds or Numinas based on existing Embeds that the players know of (maybe Embeds that their characters have even).

Angels can't do deals in the same capacity than Demons, but since they have the GM supporting them you would never know. The GM could just pay up the Angels part of the pact and also give the Angel what they asked for (so imagine an Angel makes a "deal" with an NPC drug addict: their drug addiction in exchange for lots of money. The GM gives the money to the NPC and turns the angels cover into an addict, so that the party doesn't suspect anything. But then the party find the NPC again and they haven't lost their addiction...).
          Last edited by Aeneas; 10-17-2022, 03:06 AM. Reason: shite writting

Comment

• My understanding: Demons can make Soul Pacts with supernatural creatures. However, if they invoke the pact, they don't gain any of that creature's powers -- they just become fully human versions of those beings.

The question: Is there anything stopping a Demon from making a Soul Pact with a Fetch?

Corollary: If they can, what happens to their Cover if the Fetch's Changeling counterpart ever makes it back Ironsides?

When the cat's a Stray, the mice will pray...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStray7 View Post
              My understanding: Demons can make Soul Pacts with supernatural creatures. However, if they invoke the pact, they don't gain any of that creature's powers -- they just become fully human versions of those beings.

The question: Is there anything stopping a Demon from making a Soul Pact with a Fetch?

Corollary: If they can, what happens to their Cover if the Fetch's Changeling counterpart ever makes it back Ironsides?
              Yup, youd be able to take a fetch and live in their place. The biggest thing thatd out you though is unlike a fetch you wouldn't have a mask they could see through as they could with a fetch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                I m designing an Angel with a mission of infiltrating in a Demon ring and i was wondering, what abilities does Angels lack for impersonating a Demon?
                Can they fake using Embeds?
                Can they stipulate pacts?
                There are one or two example Angel's that have an embed as one of their numen. In the st guide it is calls out exiles having cover from their mission, which fits how demons have cover, but it calls out that exile covers arent maintained by the GM. It doesnt provide rules for angel use of cover though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.F.I.X. View Post

Yup, youd be able to take a fetch and live in their place. The biggest thing thatd out you though is unlike a fetch you wouldn't have a mask they could see through as they could with a fetch.
                  That's probably going to inflict Clarity damage on the Changeling, then, especially if this happened before The Changeling ever got back from Arcadia. Instead of something with a Mask, the Changeling sees someone who exactly resembles them and is apparently human in all ways they could test.

When the cat's a Stray, the mice will pray...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStray7 View Post
                    That's probably going to inflict Clarity damage on the Changeling, then, especially if this happened before The Changeling ever got back from Arcadia. Instead of something with a Mask, the Changeling sees someone who exactly resembles them and is apparently human in all ways they could test.
                    Cover is flawed; even without concrete glitches, long-term observation turns up clues as described in the system for investigating a Cover, to say nothing of kenning or the fact that spoofing relies on a roll with no common bonuses that can fail.

Also, while 2e has rendered it a little more ambiguous, fetches whose Mask is complete enough to look totally physically human still occur and "meeting your fetch for the first time" is an extremely minor Clarity attack.

What's more likely to give them problems, I'd imagine, is the Conditions they'd need to take to continue investigating after a failed roll on the extended action, which might trigger Clarity attacks directly or indirectly.

Resident Lore-Hound
                    Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

Working...
                    X