Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, Awakened edition

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cmwatford View Post
    That's strange. I've done the same and have had no trouble. Have you tried restarting your computer and then redownloading or tried using a different internet connection? It sounds like the file is getting corrupted in transmission somehow. Does the file open on your computer?
    The file opens just fine. It's not corrupted, it just isn't recognized by Google Drive as a PDF, even though it ends in .pdf and opens in Adobe.

    It loads on my phone on the Dropbox app, so I might just use a different app if necessary. Just trying to see if I can fix the issue another way.


    My Games
    Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

    Comment


    • If i use Life 5 to create life, that life has children, and then the spell expires/ is dispelled. What happens to the children?? Are they real?

      Comment


      • The book talks about adding Reach to make an effect Lasting. How much Reach would you guys require for the spell Regeneration to be made Lasting?

        Comment


        • P127, 'Making a spell Lasting always costs +2 Reach, but you should think carefully before allowing it - only spells without any way to revert them should have the option.'

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
            If i use Life 5 to create life, that life has children, and then the spell expires/ is dispelled. What happens to the children?? Are they real?
            Yes, they are a natural side-effect of the spell and thus persist after the spell ends. It's no different than if you use Life 5 to create something and it kills someone, or creates a tool, or poops in the woods, the consequences don't go away just because the spell ends.


            proin's Legacy hub

            Comment


            • Do Spirits made through "Birth Spirit" develop naturally after their creation, like through acquiring new Influences? If they transform themselves sufficiently, can they still be dispelled or do they become side-effects of their own creation?


              ~

              Comment


              • I think my take on it would be that, yes, a spirit can develop over time but its Nature will always contain a core of what was used in the spell. If the spell is ever unraveled, the spirit will lose one (or two if Reach was used) Rank and see its nature change towards whatever it's been feeding upon. This might mean no real change in its Nature, or it might change radically.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Teatime View Post
                  Do Spirits made through "Birth Spirit" develop naturally after their creation, like through acquiring new Influences? If they transform themselves sufficiently, can they still be dispelled or do they become side-effects of their own creation?
                  Yes, even to the point of becoming a magath, but the spirit remains the product of a spell and will vanish if that spell ends.


                  Dave Brookshaw

                  Comment


                  • If you turned someone into something like a car, would they have some semblance of control over their new form?
                    If not, would a reach option be appropriate for bestowing that?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Yelesom View Post
                      If you turned someone into something like a car, would they have some semblance of control over their new form?
                      If not, would a reach option be appropriate for bestowing that?
                      This is why we always turned vampires into lawn furniture in older editions. Zero mobility.

                      Comment


                      • Does anyone have an idea on how to do temporary magical items? Specifically like bullets from Outlaw Star's caster gun (unoriginal of me, but I'm in a Wild West setting, so fuck it). Basically something fun like a bullet that when it hits it's target, does Control Gravity in the area around the impact. Stuff like that. Am kind of at a loss other than Fate 2 + Time 2 and and having the target of an AoE spell be the bullet using Hang Spell and Conditional Duration.

                        In addition, Body Control (Page 148) states that for every potency the healing time of bashing is halved. . then says that at Potency 3 the healing time is 1 minute per bashing. But shouldn't it be 15 minutes, down to 7.5 minutes, down to 3.75 minutes? Or am I just not understanding the math here.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Enokh View Post
                          Does anyone have an idea on how to do temporary magical items? Specifically like bullets from Outlaw Star's caster gun (unoriginal of me, but I'm in a Wild West setting, so fuck it). Basically something fun like a bullet that when it hits it's target, does Control Gravity in the area around the impact. Stuff like that. Am kind of at a loss other than Fate 2 + Time 2 and and having the target of an AoE spell be the bullet using Hang Spell and Conditional Duration.
                          I think you could just imbue the buller with the spell and the trigger for the imbued spell could be that the bullet hits something. Sure it counts against your spell controll but that is why you make your magic bullets in your sanctum right
                          Last edited by Toine; 10-10-2016, 03:21 PM. Reason: Fixed a wrong word.

                          Comment


                          • Yeah. Imbued item is just a bit away for me, as I'm a starting character

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Enokh View Post
                              Does anyone have an idea on how to do temporary magical items? Specifically like bullets from Outlaw Star's caster gun (unoriginal of me, but I'm in a Wild West setting, so fuck it). Basically something fun like a bullet that when it hits it's target, does Control Gravity in the area around the impact. Stuff like that. Am kind of at a loss other than Fate 2 + Time 2 and and having the target of an AoE spell be the bullet using Hang Spell and Conditional Duration.

                              In addition, Body Control (Page 148) states that for every potency the healing time of bashing is halved. . then says that at Potency 3 the healing time is 1 minute per bashing. But shouldn't it be 15 minutes, down to 7.5 minutes, down to 3.75 minutes? Or am I just not understanding the math here.
                              The base bashing healing time is 15 minutes per point, so at Potency 3 you'd need to half it 3 times. So the base 15 would be cut to 7.5, then to 3.75, then to 1.875. At that point I'd assume the writers round down for simplicity.

                              Comment


                              • Trying to think up setting. Wanted some clarification.

                                Default consilium is a single city. Presumably in regions with more spread-out mysteries and cabals you might have a more broadened consilium, perhaps more influenced by caucuses?

                                Basically, while mages clump, the world is still large. If for whatever reason there's two cabals in Elfers, a small census-designated 'place' of 13,000 people, and some cabals up and down the coast but none within twenty miles of each other and nothing else within a hundred miles. Would there be a Consilium, centered in Elfers, with territory spread out to encompass the other cabals? Or would they all just be 'lone' cabals, mostly influenced by Caucuses? Or would some Silver Ladder bigwig from Orlando, just over 100 miles away, step in and say that they're going to have to move? Would they all be consilium-designated solitary cabals?
                                Last edited by nofather; 10-10-2016, 07:03 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X