Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cauthon's Homebrew Hub

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can a worn item that shrouds you with Incognito Presence whenever you wear it be a Persistent Imbued Item? That is, you have Incognito Presence while wearing it but lose that shroud whenever you take it off. Or would that always have to be a Contingent Imbued Item, that needs to be canceled and reactivated?


    Monkish Asexual.

    I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

    Comment


    • I think that has to be Contingent, unfortunately, along with the Fate 2 attainment.

      Edit: I think there was a discussion on how to make nightvision goggles like this, in the ask a simple question thread. A lot of ideas were thrown around there if I recall.
      Last edited by TempleBuilder; 12-13-2022, 07:32 PM.


      To whomever reads this, I hope you have a good day/night. May you be Happy.

      So, I made some Mage Legacies here, with some help. They vary in quality, but I hope you take a look at them. Every one contains pieces of me, for better or worse.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cauthon View Post
        Can a worn item that shrouds you with Incognito Presence whenever you wear it be a Persistent Imbued Item? That is, you have Incognito Presence while wearing it but lose that shroud whenever you take it off. Or would that always have to be a Contingent Imbued Item, that needs to be canceled and reactivated?
        What about using a Weaving of Mind and Forces to make an item (and consequently its user) mentally insignificant when a small amount of current runs through it (the spell would probably cost a mana to cast). Then with a Science roll, you can make a mental displacement cloak powered by AA batteries.


        New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

        The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
        The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
          What about using a Weaving of Mind and Forces to make an item (and consequently its user) mentally insignificant when a small amount of current runs through it (the spell would probably cost a mana to cast). Then with a Science roll, you can make a mental displacement cloak powered by AA batteries.
          While interesting, the main problem I see with this is the matter of conversion. What is the spell converting the electricity into? Energy-to-energy, Energy-to-matter, those are pretty straight-forward. Energy-to-... I'm really not sure what it's being Woven into.


          Monkish Asexual.

          I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cauthon View Post
            While interesting, the main problem I see with this is the matter of conversion. What is the spell converting the electricity into? Energy-to-energy, Energy-to-matter, those are pretty straight-forward. Energy-to-... I'm really not sure what it's being Woven into.
            Its not being converted, that would be Patterning. Its adding a property to it. Think of it like the memory cloth from Batman Begins, it works normally, but behaves differently when a current is run through it. In this case, it dampens its mental presence while conducting current.


            New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

            The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
            The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
              Its not being converted, that would be Patterning.
              Damn, I always get the two confused.

              Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
              Its adding a property to it. Think of it like the memory cloth from Batman Begins, it works normally, but behaves differently when a current is run through it. In this case, it dampens its mental presence while conducting current.
              I kinda follow, but that feels... wierd. Like, I could see it being an Artifact, or a Supernal Invention, but as an Imbuement I can't quite see it.


              Monkish Asexual.

              I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

              Comment


              • I was thinking it could be an enhancement, rather than an imbuement. Nothing stops it from being made into an imbuement though.


                New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

                The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
                The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post

                  What about using a Weaving of Mind and Forces to make an item (and consequently its user) mentally insignificant when a small amount of current runs through it (the spell would probably cost a mana to cast). Then with a Science roll, you can make a mental displacement cloak powered by AA batteries.
                  So, in this case, the Veiling is an aura of don't think about subject?
                  Last edited by TempleBuilder; 12-14-2022, 12:15 AM.


                  To whomever reads this, I hope you have a good day/night. May you be Happy.

                  So, I made some Mage Legacies here, with some help. They vary in quality, but I hope you take a look at them. Every one contains pieces of me, for better or worse.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post

                    Its not being converted, that would be Patterning. Its adding a property to it. Think of it like the memory cloth from Batman Begins, it works normally, but behaves differently when a current is run through it. In this case, it dampens its mental presence while conducting current.
                    Couldn't one do this with the awareness that one is wearing a Veil? Since it's a Weaving?

                    Edit: accidentally posted a thing in the wrong thread. Then I accidentally posted a second one. I then edited the questions in. Sorry for the bother!
                    Last edited by TempleBuilder; 12-14-2022, 12:15 AM.


                    To whomever reads this, I hope you have a good day/night. May you be Happy.

                    So, I made some Mage Legacies here, with some help. They vary in quality, but I hope you take a look at them. Every one contains pieces of me, for better or worse.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TempleBuilder View Post
                      Wouldn't adding a Property be Weaving?
                      Yep, its a Weaving. Converting energy would have been a Patterning.


                      New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

                      The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
                      The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

                      Comment


                      • Really simple Merit idea - the ability to use Hedgespun Items without incuring the 1-die penalty. Operating off the fact that Fabricate Fortune can technically trick supernatural effects like the item's Drawback.

                        Vagarities of Fate (●)
                        Prerequisites: Fate ●●
                        Description:
                        The Mage has become so innured to the mutable nature of The Hedge that even native items have begun to accept them. The Mage is treated as a Fey by Hedgespun Items.


                        Monkish Asexual.

                        I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X