No announcement yet.

TempleBuilder's New Legacy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read the hype-game as a Mysterium thing if their hype is based around knowing things, and the Silver Ladder if it's about the prestige of initiating. Are they coasting on the eldritch lore they can dredge up, or are they putting on a facade of wise council?

If you've ever read The Wheel of Time, then them acting like Aes Sedai (except the Brown Ajah) puts them squarly in the Silver Ladder camp.

Monkish Asexual.

I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauthon View Post
      I read the hype-game as a Mysterium thing if their hype is based around knowing things, and the Silver Ladder if it's about the prestige of initiating. Are they coasting on the eldritch lore they can dredge up, or are they putting on a facade of wise council?
      Started as the former, has drifted pretty far to the later. Quite a few members only joined because the legacy well known to highly selective of talent, and prestigious. That’s not say the legacy is just a social culb. There is real beauty and enlightenment in the Mysteries they pursue, but at this point the main body of the legacy as whole has been a bit bogged down in terrestrial matters. They legacy does have a noted tendency for Masters to pop into a pocket dimension, or explore the greater cosmos, or generally just be unreachable, and leaving apprentices in their stead with mixed result. Generally speaking, the legacy tend to chill out more the further into it’s Mysteries you go.

(I’m going this way with the social aspect, mainly because the stuff it’s based on has this problem to a fair degree. Think of of it as a prestigious collage. People go there to learn sure, but plenty go because it’s a prestigious collage, just to put on their resume. And the Legacy is fine with that.)

Originally posted by Cauthon View Post
      If you've ever read The Wheel of Time, then them acting like Aes Sedai (except the Brown Ajah) puts them squarly in the Silver Ladder camp.
      Sadly, not something I’ve read. I’ll look it up.

Edit: I’m also not above the younger Gravity Mages believing the world revolves around them.
      Last edited by TempleBuilder; 01-23-2023, 04:00 AM.

To whomever reads this, I hope you have a good day/night. May you be Happy.

So, I made some Mage Legacies here, with some help. They vary in quality, but I hope you take a look at them. Every one contains pieces of me, for better or worse.

Comment

Sounds like they started as Mysterium then, but have evolved over time. Possibly got a large influx of Ladder over time, and now it's a split-Parent Legacy like the 11Q

Monkish Asexual.

I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Comment

They sound very Silver Ladder to me. The Thrice Great have prestige from being excellent ritualists and scholars, they often deal with internal strife due to the inherent competitiveness between lodges, they claim to be mentored by an Oracle and senior members offer their council to the planetary courts of the Hsil. Meanwhile the Stewart of the Celestial Orrery have a prestigious history as prophets, which was marred when none predicted the formation of the Free Council, and they have been trying to recover their standing since.

The equivalent in the Mysterium are the Eyes of Ein Sof, who are much more focused on research and publishing their insights than on prestige. The Sphinxes are also prestigious, those who join are known for developing a type of intuitive insight, but they are extremely low key.​

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
          The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Working...
          X