Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spirit Influnce above spirit rank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spirit Influnce above spirit rank

    We're playing 1st ed,

    is there any way to increase a spirits influence level above it's rank.

    Could in any way spirit rank 2 have influence 3 (control)


    ty

    br
    salarion

  • #2
    As far as I recall, First Edition also said that influence rating was capped by Rank … however there were a lot of stat blocks inconsistent with this (and ghosts didn’t even have Rank).

    In general, no. But things can also be fudged for story reasons, at the Storyteller’s discretion. If I were to raise an influence for higher, I would use Ban of Power - essentially just adding a Ban/Bane appropriate to whatever reason the stat was raised.

    Is there a reason you don’t want to just use a Rank 3 spirit though?


    Second Chance for

    A Beautiful Madness

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Seraph Kitty View Post
      Is there a reason you don’t want to just use a Rank 3 spirit though?
      I'm considering getting a guardian spirit for our vtr 1st ed game. However we agreed that it would be a rank 2 spirit. My top consideration is a blood influence spirit and I like the concept of blood control with a blood sorcerer but a rank 3 spirit might be a bit too much considering it's other stats.

      I also noticed this in stat blocks that why I thought it might be possible in some way somewhere.

      I took ban of power for an extra numina. I could try and run it by the ST and see how it goes.

      ty

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Seraph Kitty View Post
        As far as I recall, First Edition also said that influence rating was capped by Rank … however there were a lot of stat blocks inconsistent with this (and ghosts didn’t even have Rank).

        In general, no. But things can also be fudged for story reasons, at the Storyteller’s discretion. If I were to raise an influence for higher, I would use Ban of Power - essentially just adding a Ban/Bane appropriate to whatever reason the stat was raised.

        Is there a reason you don’t want to just use a Rank 3 spirit though?
        Side question - could you tell me where was Ban of Power listed? I can’t recall exactly where…


        MtAw Homebrew:
        Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
        New 2E Legacies, expanded

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
          Side question - could you tell me where was Ban of Power listed? I can’t recall exactly where…
          It might be listed in other places as well, but I know it's listed in Book of Spirits on page 138.


          Resident Lore-Hound
          Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Satchel View Post
            It might be listed in other places as well, but I know it's listed in Book of Spirits on page 138.
            Ah. Makes sense


            MtAw Homebrew:
            Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
            New 2E Legacies, expanded

            Comment

            Working...
            X