Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Influnce above spirit rank

We're playing 1st ed,

is there any way to increase a spirits influence level above it's rank.

Could in any way spirit rank 2 have influence 3 (control)

ty

br
    salarion

As far as I recall, First Edition also said that influence rating was capped by Rank … however there were a lot of stat blocks inconsistent with this (and ghosts didn’t even have Rank).

In general, no. But things can also be fudged for story reasons, at the Storyteller’s discretion. If I were to raise an influence for higher, I would use Ban of Power - essentially just adding a Ban/Bane appropriate to whatever reason the stat was raised.

Is there a reason you don’t want to just use a Rank 3 spirit though?

Second Chance for

A Beautiful Madness

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph Kitty View Post
      I'm considering getting a guardian spirit for our vtr 1st ed game. However we agreed that it would be a rank 2 spirit. My top consideration is a blood influence spirit and I like the concept of blood control with a blood sorcerer but a rank 3 spirit might be a bit too much considering it's other stats.

I also noticed this in stat blocks that why I thought it might be possible in some way somewhere.

I took ban of power for an extra numina. I could try and run it by the ST and see how it goes.

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph Kitty View Post
        As far as I recall, First Edition also said that influence rating was capped by Rank … however there were a lot of stat blocks inconsistent with this (and ghosts didn’t even have Rank).

In general, no. But things can also be fudged for story reasons, at the Storyteller’s discretion. If I were to raise an influence for higher, I would use Ban of Power - essentially just adding a Ban/Bane appropriate to whatever reason the stat was raised.

Side question - could you tell me where was Ban of Power listed? I can’t recall exactly where…

MtAw Homebrew:
        Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
        New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
          Side question - could you tell me where was Ban of Power listed? I can’t recall exactly where…
          It might be listed in other places as well, but I know it's listed in Book of Spirits on page 138.

Resident Lore-Hound
          Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
            It might be listed in other places as well, but I know it's listed in Book of Spirits on page 138.
            Ah. Makes sense

MtAw Homebrew:
            Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
            New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Working...
            X