A crossover-y question about the Dukhan and a fansplat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A crossover-y question about the Dukhan and a fansplat

Leviathans: what does everyone feel about Dukhan also serving Leviathans and being conduits for Leviathans?

Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post
    Leviathans: what does everyone feel about Dukhan also serving Leviathans and being conduits for Leviathans?

Honestly, i've just discovered the Dukhan and still have to decide what i might do or not out of them in my chronicles that while having little to nothing to do with Begotten (i don't even have Beast: the Primordial) is kind of heavy in Astral Realm-related shenanigans through bits stolen from Awakening by way of Torpor and the Fog of Eternity among other stuff. Who knows, might even tie up with my never fully developed idea of Alucinor and Usiri not being originally Mekhet or Nosferatu respectively but wayward branches of some long dead clan.
    Last edited by Baaldam; 11-17-2022, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Well, Leviathans and Beasts are both deeply connected to specific regions of the Astral Realms and can bodily go there.

Comment

Some unanswered questions and random subjects rumbling a bit on the mind at moment:

- How well - or not at all - would the Dukhan work in a game that does not explore Beasts or Leviathans?

​- Could Zmai, the Worm (from Predators) be a bridge between not only pangaeans and kindred but leviathans as well?

- Could Dukhan mesh well with the Alucinor bloodline (from Bloodlines: the Hidden) or vice versa?

- Would the Dukhan work as a strain of Jiangshi (from VtR 2e) instead of Mekhet?

Any conclusions or opinions on either or all of these? Some input from other players and STs would be really appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
          Some unanswered questions and random subjects rumbling a bit on the mind at moment:

- How well - or not at all - would the Dukhan work in a game that does not explore Beasts or Leviathans?

​- Could Zmai, the Worm (from Predators) be a bridge between not only pangaeans and kindred but leviathans as well?

- Could Dukhan mesh well with the Alucinor bloodline (from Bloodlines: the Hidden) or vice versa?

- Would the Dukhan work as a strain of Jiangshi (from VtR 2e) instead of Mekhet?

Any conclusions or opinions on either or all of these? Some input from other players and STs would be really appreciated.
          I can't speak to most of these because I don't even know what Leviathans are but in terms of Dukhan being an offshoot of Jiang Shi I don't really see how it would work. They only share one Discipline, and Jiang Shi have an incredibly involved method for the Embrace, as well as an intrinsic ability that isn't really shared by anything the Dukhan possess. If you squinted really hard you could sort of make a parallel between the ability to teleport to your resting place and the ability for a Beast to use you as an exit point, but that's a real stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
            I can't speak to most of these because I don't even know what Leviathans are but in terms of Dukhan being an offshoot of Jiang Shi I don't really see how it would work. They only share one Discipline, and Jiang Shi have an incredibly involved method for the Embrace, as well as an intrinsic ability that isn't really shared by anything the Dukhan possess. If you squinted really hard you could sort of make a parallel between the ability to teleport to your resting place and the ability for a Beast to use you as an exit point, but that's a real stretch.

True, memory was playing tricks on me over the matter of Jiangshi discipline set it seems, was quite sure they had either Auspex or Protean when they have neither.

That said and in an unrelated note, just remembered Mythologies had some stuff on Dream Eating that might be worth re-reading and explore/update too, i guess.

Also, while doing a quick search on previous discussions of Zmai in the forums....

Originally posted by Nofather
            While they do say things won't be referenced in later supplements, the Nosferatu clan book describes something a lot like it.

From p16, 'Then, they came, in search of the divine blood. A hunting party of five — a coterie we only now know as the Brothers Worm. They were dead men, yes, but men just the same; five brothers playing the same Requiem, hungry for blood, hungry for power. You know the legends — they were true then as they are now. Drink the blood of an ancient creature and you may know secret power. Drizzle the blood of a lycanthrope on a sponge of milk cake and consume it, or offer a debt to a dragon for a taste of what oozes through its veins. It may bring madness, but with that madness comes a flourish of promise, a grand revelation of pain.'
            I came across this little fragment possibly of some relevance to Leviathan fans.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 11-17-2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting. And yes, I’m referring to the fansplat Leviathan: The Tempest!

Comment

Working...
              X