Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a ghoul make a feeding roll to assist his master?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
      can a ghoul make a feeding roll to assist his master?
      Using teamwork rules, why not

Comment

• Does lava(molten rock) count as a source for aggravated damage for Vampires?

While lava can burn things with relative ease, lava is not fire. Does the vampire takes aggavated damage from burns of any kind, like electrical burns, lava, etc, or only fire?

Homebrews:
        Vampire Homebrews
        Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Comment

• Originally posted by Horodrigo View Post
          Does lava(molten rock) count as a source for aggravated damage for Vampires?

While lava can burn things with relative ease, lava is not fire. Does the vampire takes aggavated damage from burns of any kind, like electrical burns, lava, etc, or only fire?
          Lava is the sort of thing that sets flammable things on fire upon contact, including human bodies. That part would deal aggravated damage.

Burns from other sources should be downgraded. They're not fire, and generally causes burns without igniting the victim.

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
          Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• I'm not sure human body can be set on fire though. It can be burnt but it shouldn't be flamable (except for hair). I may be wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post
              I'm not sure human body can be set on fire though. It can be burnt but it shouldn't be flamable (except for hair). I may be wrong though.
              Everything containing carbon is flammable, more carbon density generally means that less heat is required to ignite the item.
              But human body is also full of water, then it s technically flammable, but it requires very high temperatures (lava for example, or a crematorium) to ignite.
              Last edited by Neos01; 10-10-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Except, carbon dioxide; lava is as hot or hotter than fire. It should do aggravated-damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iguazu View Post
                  Except, carbon dioxide; lava is as hot or hotter than fire. It should do aggravated-damage.
                  The point is not the hotness itself. A vampire in a 2000° oven is not having the same effects than with a flame of 900°.
                  It's the fire as mistical element which deal aggravated.

But if the skin can be but on fire instead to be carbonized than I'm fine with that.
                  Last edited by Marcus; 10-31-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Are the Tsihstekeri mentioned anywhere else other than the 2e corebook?

Comment

• Originally posted by Obsidian Pharaoh View Post
                      Are the Tsihstekeri mentioned anywhere else other than the 2e corebook?
                      They were meant to be mentioned in Spilled Blood, but the section got cut. Otherwise, I don't believe they are.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                      Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
                      Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Comment

• Book of the Dead has rules for vampires eating ghosts for vitae, and even being unable to sustain themselves in the blood of the living... The ghost eater merit.

Is there a rule to apply high blood potency feeding restrictions to vampires who can only feed on essence?

Comment

• Originally posted by orathaic View Post
                          Book of the Dead has rules for vampires eating ghosts for vitae, and even being unable to sustain themselves in the blood of the living... The ghost eater merit.

Is there a rule to apply high blood potency feeding restrictions to vampires who can only feed on essence?
                          Vampires use the Unnatural Affinity Merit (Vampire, p. 114) to feed on ghosts in Second Edition, which was intended as a way for high-Blood Potency vampires to feed on things other than other Kindred. So, effectively, vampires are restricted to their Blood Potency restrictions unless they have that Merit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

Vampires use the Unnatural Affinity Merit (Vampire, p. 114) to feed on ghosts in Second Edition, which was intended as a way for high-Blood Potency vampires to feed on things other than other Kindred. So, effectively, vampires are restricted to their Blood Potency restrictions unless they have that Merit.
                            Thanks.

I think at my table i will just have high BP ghost eating vampires (that merit had the drawback of risking losing the ability to eat the living) forced to eat from Geists. Which shouldn't be too hard in the Underworld.

Speaking of which, without any merits, can vampires in the Underworld just drink a Ghost's blood (as opposed to converting essence into vitae like the 1e merit, or however Unnatural Affinity works) trading lethal damage for vitae?
                            Last edited by orathaic; 11-09-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by orathaic View Post

Speaking of which, without any merits, can vampires in the Underworld just drink a Ghost's blood (as opposed to converting essence into vitae like the 1e merit, or however Unnatural Affinity works) trading lethal damage for vitae?
                              I don’t see why not. If it’s solid (relatively speaking) and has blood, a vampire can typically eat it. Assuming their Blood Potency doesn’t require Kindred blood, though in that case, you’d still be able to pay Willpower to process each point, like one would a human.
                              Last edited by Yossarian; 11-09-2022, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Did I read it right?

The Sears Catalog Philips Screw-Driver of Vampire Slaying: so, is it technically possible to stab a vampire enough with a screw-driver, (does Lethal), that they experience the Final-Death?

Comment

Working...
                                X