Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Werewolf 2e Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
    How might a Supernal Totem appear to werewolf senses/sensibilities? As a powerful spirit? As a strange thing masquerading as a Shadow denizen? Something other entirely?
    For the human senses, probably the way mages non-Seeing seeing them. For wolf senses, possibly overwhelming depending on the Supernal entity in question. For spirit senses, nothing in particular since the spirit senses aren't attuned to the Supernal, unless the entity in question has relationship with with symbols related with the Shadow, spirits, and all that such.


    Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      For the human senses, probably the way mages non-Seeing seeing them. For wolf senses, possibly overwhelming depending on the Supernal entity in question. For spirit senses, nothing in particular since the spirit senses aren't attuned to the Supernal, unless the entity in question has relationship with with symbols related with the Shadow, spirits, and all that such.
      A Supernal Totem being a recondite entity of the Spirit Arcanum, it's probably going to register in some capacity if it's made itself known.

      Originally posted by espritdecalmar View Post
      How might a Supernal Totem appear to werewolf senses/sensibilities? As a powerful spirit? As a strange thing masquerading as a Shadow denizen? Something other entirely?
      Assuming it's encountered in a context where it can be engaged with, it'll be visible in spiritual Twilight or the Shadow if it's in that phase of reality and materially if it's in the Flesh, it'll register to Scent the Unnatural if that Facet is used, a Boundary Ward can be set against it if the werewolf knows what it is, and the lack of Influences can probably be picked up on if you get its scent, but werewolves don't otherwise have any special facility for figuring out the nature of supernatural beings through innate senses. This feels like a "non-Awakened supernatural beings count as Sleepwalkers" situation, with all that that entails.


      Resident Lore-Hound
      Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

      Comment


      • Should a werewolf shift to Dalu mid combat, are they able to still roll Presence + Primal Urge to make everyone on the opposing side besides their prey back down, allowing them and their pack to hunt said prey ? In other words, does the ability only apply outside of combat ?
        Last edited by KaiserAfini; 10-22-2022, 04:15 PM.


        New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

        The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
        The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
          Should a werewolf shift to Dalu mid combat, are they able to still roll Presence + Primal Urge to make everyone on the opposing side besides their prey back down, allowing them and their pack to hunt said prey ? In other words, does the ability only apply outside of combat ?
          Badass Motherfucker is a power to be used for making a crowd give up the prey, contested by the prey alone. It's functionally there, among other things, to set the stage for Gauru's Primal Fear ability to work at its most effective by shortcutting the entire confrontation into Down and Dirty Combat, which you can't do in the middle of an existing combat scene. If you're mid-combat, you mostly have the ability to inflict the Beaten Down Tilt on characters you'd be using Badass Motherfucker on with a single hit.


          Resident Lore-Hound
          Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

          Comment


          • More a Spirit question than a Werewolf question, but is there an object equivalent to being Claimed? That is, a person who is Possessed to often and too frequently can become claimed, but is there a similar consequence for possessing, say, a rubber ball?


            Monkish Asexual.

            I make Legacies when I'm bored. They're of middling quality, but have a look if you're interested. Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Cauthon View Post
              More a Spirit question than a Werewolf question, but is there an object equivalent to being Claimed? That is, a person who is Possessed to often and too frequently can become claimed, but is there a similar consequence for possessing, say, a rubber ball?
              To Claim a target you need te Controlled condition on it, that can results from repeated use of Possession.
              After that the Spirit must use the Claim manifestation.
              Both manifestation, Possess and Claim, states that they can be used on corpses and items

              Comment


              • I ruled that it did work, but I just wanted to confirm if this was rules as intended.

                Garble (Technology gift Cunning) says that technology turns against the target and won't function as intended. I originally thought "cool, communications disrupted" but it also says that elevators drop the prey off where the Uratha wants, not where the prey directs the elevator.

                This being the case, when the prey tried to flee in a truck I ruled that it wouldn't leave neutral gear, and when they tried to pull a gun on the pack it misfired.

                Is this how it's meant to work?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GSV_FOtNMC View Post
                  I ruled that it did work, but I just wanted to confirm if this was rules as intended.

                  Garble (Technology gift Cunning) says that technology turns against the target and won't function as intended. I originally thought "cool, communications disrupted" but it also says that elevators drop the prey off where the Uratha wants, not where the prey directs the elevator.

                  This being the case, when the prey tried to flee in a truck I ruled that it wouldn't leave neutral gear, and when they tried to pull a gun on the pack it misfired.

                  Is this how it's meant to work?
                  Seems like it, given that the three examples include a communication-based one, a non-communication-based one, and one that gives options that are both communication-based and non-communication-based, thought the three examples all include some facet of the technology that makes it more than a direct mechanical process — I'd say the gun misfiring is probably beyond the scope of the Facet, and depending on how the transmission works the truck might be out of scope as well.

                  My reading is that while the outcomes can be non-communication-based, the mechanism by which the Facet works requires there to be some kind of communicative process to mess with that's more complex than "press lever to move part/ignite spark/etc."


                  Resident Lore-Hound
                  Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

                  Comment


                  • Is it possible to end Gauru form early, or does it have to last until at least the end of the base duration? If a character has gauru form for like 6 turns, but kills all his enemies on turn 1, will he go after his companions for the following 5 turns until he can shift down to a different form?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shadowdragon View Post
                      Is it possible to end Gauru form early, or does it have to last until at least the end of the base duration? If a character has gauru form for like 6 turns, but kills all his enemies on turn 1, will he go after his companions for the following 5 turns until he can shift down to a different form?
                      You can shift back IF you have not entered Kuruth, but remember that you can enter Gauru only once per scene, after you had shift back you ll have to wait, so it s wise to be sure that all threats are gone

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X