Search Result

Collapse
10 results in 0.0622 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• [OC] Guideline for Improvising Summonable Elementals

I put this together as a guideline for a home game, and some folks on the discord liked it enough I thought I'd share it.

What are elementals and what can they do for me?

Elementals are not like gods or demons in that they aren't 'for' anything; they're spiritual wildlife. Gods have a purpose built in to them, and demons were created to express the will of the primordials and to do harm to Creation, but Elementals arise from natural processes and have idiosyncratic relationships to those processes.

They take inspiration from interesting natural phenomena...
    See more | Go to post

• OC Terrestrial Spell: Road of Hands (revision to Grass of Palms)

This is a revision of Grass of Palms. In addition to a pile of the kind of pedantic clarifications that inexplicably bring me joy, I tweaked the control spell benefit slightly and found a more elegant way to phrase how the hands work together to pick up preposterously heavy burdens - or, in the case of someone else's house, why they probably cannot pick up that burden.

Road of Hands

Cost: 15sm, 1wp
    Keywords: None
    Duration: One day

The caster casts his will like seeds upon the ground, and soft hands of green and ashy shadow reach up from it. These...
    See more | Go to post

• Kukla
    started a topic OC Terrestrial-Spell: Omega Yeet

OC Terrestrial-Spell: Omega Yeet

Cumulus Barge, aka Cloud Trapeze, the Azure Chariot, or 'the Mega-Yeet'

Circle: Terrestrial
    Cost: 15sm, 2wp
    Keywords: Perilous
    Duration: Instant

This spell throws the caster through the air at a ridiculous speed. If they can reliably survive the landing, it can cover a short distances very quickly and effect an escape which cannot be effectively pursued.

As the sorcerer begins casting the spell, he chooses a cloud in the sky he can see. This is not optional; the spell cannot be cast without a cloud. The cloud extends a thin tendril towards...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kukla; 03-08-2021, 04:55 AM.

• Kukla
    started a topic New Terrestrial Spell - Grass Of Palms

New Terrestrial Spell - Grass Of Palms

Grass Of Palms

A comparatively slow but flexible spell for toting large amounts of supplies or passengers. Sacrifices speed for massive carrying capacity.

Cost: 15sm, 1wp
    Duration: One day and night

The caster casts his will like seeds upon the ground, and soft hands of green and ashy shadow reach up from it. These hands form a carpet that spreads across the earth or floor and can carry great weights.

When the spell is cast, the hands spread out to cover the ground within short range of the caster. At the caster's behest,...
    See more | Go to post

• Kukla
    started a topic Original Spell - Sword Heart Assertion

Original Spell - Sword Heart Assertion

Sword Heart Assertion
    Circle: Terrestrial/Emerald
    Cost: 15sm, 2wp

The sorcerer regards a weapon as though a mirror, and sees himself in it. He makes an incantation gesture to the war gods of each of the cardinal directions, and the weapon rises to serve them.

This spell targets a melee weapon within Medium range (two range bands away). From that weapon, it immediately creates an intangible construct, a Sword Heart, which can wield that weapon on behalf of the sorcerer. The sword heart has a firm hold on the weapon...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kukla; 02-20-2021, 08:04 PM. Reason: correcting the title, correcting artifact weapon combat movement

• Kukla
    started a topic OC Terrestrial Spell: Eye-and-Hand Arrogation

OC Terrestrial Spell: Eye-and-Hand Arrogation

Eye-and-Hand Arrogation
    Terrestrial Circle Spell
    Cost: Ritual, 2wp

By an unwholesome ritual, the sorcerer takes a part of the target's body and holds it hostage. They may return it later if they wish, or destroy it at their leisure.

To cast this spell, the sorcerer must prepare a ritual site where the target will lie. (The sorcerer must either have the target's cooperation, or have the target bound or held for the duration of the ritual.) The ritual site must be marked with diagrams describing the anatomy of the...
    See more | Go to post

• Kukla
    started a topic The Sea of Oblivion, and What It Reflects

The Sea of Oblivion, and What It Reflects

Oblivion is an infinite sea of black water at the bottom of the Underworld.

The tombs of the never born stand above it on stone pillars. Every year those pillars lower by an inch. Every year, those waters recede by an inch.

It is known that, in the underworld, Mount Meru is a great wound in the world, a staircase spiraling down towards that infinite sea. The sea that all things flow towards, which gives nothing back that falls into it, hidden from the world and underworld alike by a great and forbidding labyrinth.

Those ghosts of the dead that lay eyes upon...
    See more | Go to post

• Ephemeral Induction Technique - eat the god to force refresh?

It looks to me like there's an implicit limit on how often you can use Ephemeral Induction Technique. Once you activate it, you have this god as your thrall for a season, and that's not optional - you don't get to turn it down or release it until a season has passed. However, the charm doesn't say that you can't use it 'per season' - it says you can use it again once you've released your thrall. So, uh.

If someone straight up ate the god they created when they were done with them, using Ghost-Eating Technique, does that count as releasing them, allowing you to use it again? You sure...
    See more | Go to post

• Kukla
    started a topic Is there a wiki or something like that yet

Is there a wiki or something like that yet

I know there's no official wiki but is there an 'official' fan wiki
    See more | Go to post

• Kukla
    started a topic Final PDF get

Final PDF get

I'm mostly impressed with how lean and optimized it is. Just under 50 megabytes and no noticeable lag in draw-time. Pretty nice.
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X