184 results in 0.0786 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• This is lovely!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yeah, good point! Well, that and a Need Fire doesn't manifest in singular; the stats they gave you were for a large swarm. An individual Need Fire is a good example of how low the scale can go, and I should've been mindful of that.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• [OC] Guideline for Improvising Summonable Elementals

I put this together as a guideline for a home game, and some folks on the discord liked it enough I thought I'd share it.

What are elementals and what can they do for me?

Elementals are not like gods or demons in that they aren't 'for' anything; they're spiritual wildlife. Gods have a purpose built in to them, and demons were created to express the will of the primordials and to do harm to Creation, but Elementals arise from natural processes and have idiosyncratic relationships to those processes.

They take inspiration from interesting natural phenomena...
    See more | Go to post

• Kukla
    replied to New Terrestrial Spell - Grass Of Palms
    Excellent.

The best bit is when you outsource control of the hands to a driver who steers while you nap because you can do that with a donkey.

They walk down in to the water and along the river bottom. This is not a substitute for a bridge, unfortunately. But if the river is no deeper than a yard, the hands could stretch just out of the water and ferry you across the surface....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kukla
    I just love math, y'know? I love quantifying things.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kukla
    Another, alternative control spell benefit.

Control Spell Benefit: "Helping Hands."
    The road of hands are, collectively, as smart as a donkey. The caster may command a road of hands carrying his mobile home to continue down a path as long as it's safe, then sleep for the night, rightly confident that the hands will follow the twists and turns of the road and jiggle him awake if anything untoward happens....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kukla
    A revision of Grass of Palms. In addition to a pile of the kind of pedantic clarifications that inexplicably bring me joy, I tweaked the control spell benefit slightly and found a more elegant way to phrase how the hands work together to pick up preposterously heavy burdens - or, in the case of someone else's house, why they probably cannot pick up that burden.

Road of Hands

Cost: 15sm, 1wp
    Keywords: None
    Duration: One day

The caster casts his will like seeds upon the ground, and soft hands of green and ashy shadow reach up from it. These hands...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OC Terrestrial Spell: Road of Hands (revision to Grass of Palms)

This is a revision of Grass of Palms. In addition to a pile of the kind of pedantic clarifications that inexplicably bring me joy, I tweaked the control spell benefit slightly and found a more elegant way to phrase how the hands work together to pick up preposterously heavy burdens - or, in the case of someone else's house, why they probably cannot pick up that burden.

Road of Hands

Duration: One day

The caster casts his will like seeds upon the ground, and soft hands of green and ashy shadow reach up from it. These...
    See more | Go to post

• Kukla
    Lupislacertus, by the power vested in me as the originator of this content by the copy-right laws of the U.S. Congress, I grant you a non-exclusive license to reproduce this material and derivative works of this material for all non-commercial personal use, indefinitely, insofar as so doing does not conflict with my own right to continue to reproduce this material for my own personal and commercial use.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kukla
    You're right that I'm being too cute with the duration. It lasts a day.

This spell is a little weak compared to Stormwind Rider because I've gently nerfed Stormwind Rider in my home game with the consent of the GM.

As for weight... It can carry essentially everything. You could build a small comfortable house out of stone and cement, or a very large comfortable house out of timber, and have the grass of palms tote you and your house and all your stuff down the road at a brisk walk.

As for the radius, 'everything within short range' might be a bit too vague....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kukla
    started a topic OC Terrestrial-Spell: Omega Yeet

OC Terrestrial-Spell: Omega Yeet

Cumulus Barge, aka Cloud Trapeze, the Azure Chariot, or 'the Mega-Yeet'

Circle: Terrestrial
    Cost: 15sm, 2wp
    Keywords: Perilous
    Duration: Instant

This spell throws the caster through the air at a ridiculous speed. If they can reliably survive the landing, it can cover a short distances very quickly and effect an escape which cannot be effectively pursued.

As the sorcerer begins casting the spell, he chooses a cloud in the sky he can see. This is not optional; the spell cannot be cast without a cloud. The cloud extends a thin tendril towards...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kukla; 03-08-2021, 04:55 AM.

• Kukla
    replied to Banishing your own summoned demons
    I'd assume that for a year-and-a-day summoning, yeah, you can send them back to hell using the same banishing methods you'd use with (Wits+Occult) to cast them back to hell during a failed binding, though there's no strong textual support for or against this. A task-binding, though? Firm no.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kukla
    started a topic New Terrestrial Spell - Grass Of Palms

New Terrestrial Spell - Grass Of Palms

Grass Of Palms

A comparatively slow but flexible spell for toting large amounts of supplies or passengers. Sacrifices speed for massive carrying capacity.

Duration: One day and night

The caster casts his will like seeds upon the ground, and soft hands of green and ashy shadow reach up from it. These hands form a carpet that spreads across the earth or floor and can carry great weights.

When the spell is cast, the hands spread out to cover the ground within short range of the caster. At the caster's behest,...
    See more | Go to post

• I feel like you're underrating the puissance of the corebook, simply because it's so heavy and good for cudgeling.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kukla
    replied to Original Spell - Sword Heart Assertion
    I keep forgetting about that. I'll think about it and come back to it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X